AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Need a soundbar for a new sony xbr tv. Soon it will have the full 7.1 with reciever, but until then, need a soundbar. BEst buy has really pushed the sony ht290 on me, saying Sony talks better with Sony. However, I would prefer to have the better sounding soundbar.

I picked up the sony, it's not out of the box yet, but I am debating getting the samsung and trying both.

Any thoughts on the 2? One better than the other?

Thanks!
dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Need a soundbar for a new sony xbr tv. Soon it will have the full 7.1 with reciever, but until then, need a soundbar. BEst buy has really pushed the sony ht290 on me, saying Sony talks better with Sony. However, I would prefer to have the better sounding soundbar.

I picked up the sony, it's not out of the box yet, but I am debating getting the samsung and trying both.

Any thoughts on the 2? One better than the other?

Thanks!
dave
Recently I bought the Samsung hw m550 which is 3.1 soundbar and it certainly sounds good with good base sounds.much better than the tv speakers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW I picked up the Sony 290 about a month ago for my living room setup and love it. Huge upgrade over the tv speakers obviously. However, the Klipsch sound bar that’s normally $399 is on sale (or was last week) for $149 and I would have gone with that only because the subwoofer is larger and heavier leading me to believe it might hit lower freq and sound more impressive. I don’t regret my purchase at all I just feel like I may have missed out on a better choice for the same money.

I can only compare the Sony 290 subwoofer and Soundbar to tv speakers and to my PB 16 Ultra in the the theater room which are on 2 completely separate ends of the spectrum. It’s a lot better than tv speakers but also can’t hold a candle to a real subwoofer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts