AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HT installation happening in the next two weeks. I will have a separate component closet with all of my A/V gear roughly 20 feet away from where the television will be mounted on the wall. My issue is that the one connect box cable is less than 10' long which means the box will have to sit behind the television (UN78HU9000) mounted on the wall. I'm not a big fan of using velcro or plastic zip ties to secure the unit to the television for a myriad of reasons including proper heat dissipation. The release of the SEK-3500U in a few weeks also means that I will need to be able to find a solution that allows me to change these boxes out easily. For those of you with this television wall-mounted, can you tell me how you addressed this issue and provide pictures if possible? The curve on the television will also give a decent view behind the TV and I'm looking for a buttoned up manner in which to keep the One Connect Box from being an eye sore. I've searched ad nauseam for threads/posts that address this issue and I've only ever seen a velcro approach which I'm trying to prevent. I will be using a Sanus VXF532 mount if that matters. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hummer28,

I found your thread and joined this forum just to message you :cool:.
I just got the UN65JS9000 (65" curved with a One Connect Box). I also want to have my av equipment in a closet 10'-15' away using 4x2 matrix where we have four HDMI inputs and outputs to two TVs.
I am wondering, where/how did you end up mounting your One Connect Box? And, as a general question, any suggestions with IR transmitters, or how do you control all of your devices from the other room?
Thanks in advance for the info!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hummer28,

I found your thread and joined this forum just to message you :cool:.
I just got the UN65JS9000 (65" curved with a One Connect Box). I also want to have my av equipment in a closet 10'-15' away using 4x2 matrix where we have four HDMI inputs and outputs to two TVs.
I am wondering, where/how did you end up mounting your One Connect Box? And, as a general question, any suggestions with IR transmitters, or how do you control all of your devices from the other room?
Thanks in advance for the info!

Thanks!
JozielHi

I am in the exact same situation as you except I don't have any equipment yet so I cannot see how it all works. I ordered a Samsung 60" TV with the One Connect Box. I did not know the TV had to use the box to connect I thought it was optional, and sales at BHPhoto agreed with that. Now I have to figure this all out. I plan to put my TV on one wall and my components in a cabinet on an opposite wall. I asked tech support at Samsung if I could run that One Connect cable through the wall and they say it is not rated for in-wall installations. Now the whole idea is to not have obsolete HDMI cables in your walls for later upgrades using just the One Connect and then they go and use a proprietary cable that cannot go in a wall. I also asked if I could convert the One Connect cable to CAT6 and run that through the wall. I haven't heard back about that yet. My whole purpose here is to avoid running multiple HDMI cables in the wall and just run the One Connect cable.

As to controlling your components when you do not have line of sight I think the Harmony RF units will do that. Again, not purchased yet but Crutchfield sales says it will work.

I too joined this forum just to discuss this and hope Hummer28 will tell us if there is a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts