AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Samsung One Connect Mini and the larger One Connect model both use the same proprietary connector port?

For example if I bought a JS8500 4k tv which comes with a One Connect Mini, would I in theory be able to upgrade to the larger Once Connect model?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question!

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Samsung One Connect Mini and the larger One Connect model both use the same proprietary connector port?

For example if I bought a JS8500 4k tv which comes with a One Connect Mini, would I in theory be able to upgrade to the larger Once Connect model?

Nobody Knows. The OCB would not work anyways there is a handshake in it only works with JS9000/JS9500 . You can't buy a OCB for any 2015 model until 2016 etc

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
Hi everyone,

no. samsung will put protections in place so that this cant happen. thats why they changed the one connect format from 2014(all the same port, can be upgraded with same box) to 2015(one connect full and one connect mini). the upgrade box will have written codes that when it syncs up with a certain panel, it will need to tell it to override its own system and use the "new stuff". the 2015 one connect mini tvs wont be able to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts