AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Samsung One connect splicing

8448 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Nbaer
Installed a Samsung one connect cable the wrong way round- i.e tv end at box and box end at tv. The cable is run over ten Metres through conduit in now plastered and decorated walls so cannot be removed and replaced without great expense. We have experience with fibre optic cable, wondering if we can cut the cable- swap the ends and re connect at opposite ends. As it seems Samsung don't do any sort of adapter/extender.

See equipment details below.

Model : UE65LS003AUXXU
S/N : 0B023SJJ900009J
One connect cable : Samsung VG-SOCM15 Invisible Connection Cable - transparent / white - compatible with the 2017 range

To my knowledge the Samsung one connect cable is a fibre optic cable so splicing and re-connecting should be an option?
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Installed a Samsung one connect cable the wrong way round- i.e tv end at box and box end at tv. The cable is run over ten Metres through conduit in now plastered and decorated walls so cannot be removed and replaced without great expense. We have experience with fibre optic cable, wondering if we can cut the cable- swap the ends and re connect at opposite ends. As it seems Samsung don't do any sort of adapter/extender.

One connect cable : Samsung VG-SOCM15 Invisible Connection Cable - transparent / white - compatible with the 2017 range

To my knowledge the Samsung one connect cable is a fibre optic cable so splicing and re-connecting should be an option?
If it's in a conduit, why can't you tie a pull string to one end, pull it through, disconnect the pull string and use the end left behind at the source to reattach the cable in the proper orientation and then pull it through? That's the whole idea of a conduit if it's installed properly. To make replacing cable easier and safer. The question of splicing the OC cable has come up before and the response was that it might be possible to do but no one has reported back any success, short term or long term.
I'm curious to know if anyone has had success doing this. I have some conduit that won't fit the small end of the one connect cable, so my only option would be to replace the conduit somehow, or cut and reconnect one of the cable ends.
I'm curious to know if anyone has had success doing this. I have some conduit that won't fit the small end of the one connect cable, so my only option would be to replace the conduit somehow, or cut and reconnect one of the cable ends.
All you can do is try if you've got good eyes and hands of a surgeon ;). I would think that it might be better, long term and stress-wise, to just figure out if you could replace the conduit with a 1.5" - 2.0" conduit and continue to use the cable without any modifications. Good luck.
I got 4 series QLED and is connected through one connect cable. Considering this is a smart Tv and can play any apps including USB thinking of connecting the TV to Projector and want to use TV output into a projector. Is it possible? Has anyone worked this out? Else have to use chromecast to play separately and hdmi splitter for set top box and other inputs

Hi did you end up splicing the cable?? Did it work? I have a similar problem!! Cheers
Did you have any luck figuring this out. Our in-wall conduit is too small to fit the small end of the cable as well and hoping there is a solution besides opening up the wall.

Hi did you end up splicing the cable?? Did it work? I have a similar problem!! Cheers
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.