AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hours on this computer and my wife thinking I'm nuts..........I've narrowed my choices to:

Samsung PN58C590

Samsung PN58C6500

LG 60PK550

LG 60PK750

All input would be great, I know they are new, but if you get one of these, feedback would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am pretty much in the same boat having narrowed it down to the samsung pn58c6500 or LG 60pk950 from the choices available to me.

Picture quality is of utmost concern. Bells and whistles, not so much. I already have an HTPC that does most of the new networking features, save some of the streaming media.

I realize that I am comparing a top of line vs 2010 entry model...but some reviews have been unflattering of the pk950. I am dying for a review of the new 2010 samsung plasmas.

More opinions please.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Do the 750/950 have any pic quality benefits at all over the 550? Same filter for example? Not bothered about gimmicks like internet widgets/streaming and so on, I feed it with a HTPC so that's not useful.

·
Registered
557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfster /forum/post/18451465

Do the 750/950 have any pic quality benefits at all over the 550? Same filter for example? Not bothered about gimmicks like internet widgets/streaming and so on, I feed it with a HTPC so that's not useful.

950 has the 'trublack' filter, not sure how much it helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just returned my second PN63B550 and bought a 60PK750. Picture on the Samsung was nice but not worth the screeching buzzing sound every time a light scene came on the screen. I just wanted a big nice picture that I could actually enjoy instead of worrying about it every time you turn it on and the LG fits the bill...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts