AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Samsung unit and have a couple of days left before making a final decision on whether to keep it or not.

I use it just for OTA reception and output to my 16X9 toshiba which is set to 1080i.

The problem I have is that most of what I view is 4X3 material either stretched by the broadcaster or the samsung unit. The Samsung doesn't give many stretching options, so for example if I watch a football game, I don't see the line with the scores at the top.

The sd picture ota is of much better quality then what I get from my dish. The colors and detail are much better and it is not subject to as much pixilization as the dish. So I would prefer to watch the ota broadcasts if I can get them to better fit my screen.

Does the Zenith set do a better job of picture size control then the Samsung? The Samsungs reception is also pretty sensitive what about the Zenith?

Also I don't want the Direct TV part of the Zenith, is that a problem?

So the real question is should I return the Samsung for the Zenith?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.