AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2067 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about all this panel version nonsense and possible misinformation, maybe it is time for a thread where owners can post evidence of what they find.

The following information should be collected below.

1) Version sticker on the back can read as follows:

Version "A" panels: AC01, AC02, AC03, AC04, AA01, AA02, AA03, AA04 and BA01 all come from AU Optronics.

Version "S" panels: SQ01, SQ02, SQ03, SQ04, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04 and SX03 are made by Samsung.

Version "C" panels: CN01, CN02, BN01 and BN02 stand for CMO.

Version "H" panels: H305, H306, H308, unclear what these are, but so far they seem to be made by Samsung (data pending).

2) Enter the Service Menu to find your "Type", which should match up with what is here (be careful, just look, don't do anything else):

55A1UF0E

A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)

1 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)

U — panel (A = AntiGlare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)

F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)

0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)

C — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)

Post in the following format:

Version No: H306

MFD: September 2010

Type: 55A1UF0E

A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
For my UN55C6300SFXZA, per the info on the outside right rear sticker & on the outside end-flap of the box, mine carries a "CN01" panel. Once it was registered it showed it had a mfg. date of 2/28/10.

Per the SM, mine says;

55A1UF0E.

Notice the conflict?

Ken

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean /forum/post/19580737

For my UN55C6300SFXZA, per the info on the outside right rear sticker & on the outside end-flap of the box, mine carries a "CN01" panel. Once it was registered it showed it had a mfg. date of 2/28/10.

Per the SM, mine says;

55A1UF0E.

Notice the conflict?

Ken

So as per the service menu, you have a Samsung panel, or so this is what Samsung wants you to believe.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpr /forum/post/19580863

So as per the service menu, you have a Samsung panel, or so this is what Samsung wants you to believe.

I cannot answer that question accurately. As I said in my last post on the other thread, they may or may not be trying to be deceitful. The matrix code does say that that the 3rd character is supposed to be the panel vendor. What do they mean by vendor? Samsung supposedly does design all the panels that go into their units. But we also know they do farm out panels for assembly, etc. This part I will try & get an answer from my Samsung contact & let you know. But again, I am hoping that more & more people will post here with their SM info so we can see just how many show an "A" as the 3rd character. (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here). I'm glad you started this thread. This can help clear a lot of this up.

Ken

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a LN46A850 with an SQ panel
beautiful picture. So much so that I pit up with a little light bleed from the corners.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solius /forum/post/19581377

I have a LN46A850 with an SQ panel
beautiful picture. So much so that I pit up with a little light bleed from the corners.

Please read the OP's purpose for starting this thread. Look at his 1st post. What he describes & comments relating to that only is the only info he's looking for here.

For "jnpr": I just wanted to clarify for him & others why you started this thread. If not, it will get totally out-of-hand & you'll never get the info you actually started this thread for. Hope you don't mind.

Ken

·
Registered
867 Posts
@jnpr

Glad you started this thread. The URL below is from an older thread discussing this issue and lists the different ways of determining the manufacturer of the inside panel. I've never been impressed with Samsungs documentation which is often filled with errors or has numerous omissions, so if their quality control is as bad with their HDTVs then the only sure way of knowing whats inside would be to actually see the sticker on the panel itself.

How to determine whats inside:

1. Sticker info

2. Panel Codename in Service Menu

3. Pixel Photo

4. Most exact evidence - sticker on panel inside TV (Disassembling required in most cases)

Samsung S, A, C Panel Differences: 2009 LCD Line-Up

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The intent of starting this thread was to share information and knowledge of this ongoing debate on panel versions. Since buying my UN55C6300SFXZA I have been plagued with the idea that I may possibly have an inferior set due to all this talk of non-Samsung panels. This has made me question problems or issues that I think I may be seeing with my set, which is not really fun. The bottom line which was previously stated by Ken is that if you are happy with what you have, do you really care if you have a different panel version? Sure you can debate the differences between AU, CMO, Samsung panels, but in the end if you are happy with what you see, who cares.

So if possible, follow the guidelines of my 1st post in providing the information so we can all get an idea actual differences, if any exist.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm bumping this up because I want to see folks participating here, particularly those who were agressively disagreeing in the other thread. I truly want to see several results, so we know for sure what's going on..

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
LN46C600 - outside sticker says SQ01, I will get to the SM to see what it says.

Q: How to enter SM?

A: {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote while TV is in standby

- is it still valid?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict /forum/post/19583634

LN46C600 - outside sticker says SQ01, I will get to the SM to see what it says.

Q: How to enter SM?

A: {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote while TV is in standby

- is it still valid?

MUTE-1-8-2-POWER

Use caution, don't hit any other buttons, just check where it says "Type"

·
Registered
867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpr /forum/post/19580863

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean

As I said in my last post on the other thread, they may or may not be trying to be deceitful.

I believe Samsung started using different panels in their TVs back in 2006/07 and wouldnt admit they were doing so until several years later.

Regarding hearrean's comment (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here) I suspect its a move by Samsung to prevent panel identity and All "service menu types" will show Samsung in the future, regardless of who manufactured the panel.

Its also possible that Hxxx will be the only identifier used. Interesting to see what will happen in the next few months and in the following year.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpr /forum/post/19583704

MUTE-1-8-2-POWER

Use caution, don't hit any other buttons, just check where it says "Type"

Thank you.

Type: 46A1AF0C

UPC outside the box SQ01

Manufacture date 2010-09-15

So, it is a Sammy panel.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin2 /forum/post/19583817

I believe Samsung started using different panels in their TVs back in 2006/07 and wouldnt admit they were doing so until several years later.

Regarding hearrean's comment (My bet is that most all will show an "A" here) I suspect its a move by Samsung to prevent panel identity and All "service menu types" will show Samsung in the future, regardless of who manufactured the panel.

Its also possible that Hxxx will be the only identifier used. Interesting to see what will happen in the next few months and in the following year.

I believe I've said both of those things from the start, but noone chose to believe me. His starting of this thread should settle this issue once & for all.

Ken

·
Registered
867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post

Thank you.

UPC outside the box SQ01

So, it is a Sammy panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean /forum/post/19584514

Wrong!!!

Ken

Well Ken, I believe it is a Samsung panel.

Why do you think its not?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself /forum/post/19584517

The Samsung S, A, C Panel Lottery thread is very helpful. I don't see why we can't post it all on there?

Doesn't matter to me, but I'm afraid the data the OP is looking for will just get lost in that huge thread. He started this thread because there is a growing number of folks over on the 6300, 6400 & 6500 thread who are starting to believe that this decoding technique found in the SM tells you the true panel (or panel maker) of your unit, even though you may have a sticker on the outside rear that says something else. And my point is that it doesn't. But that will be up to "jnpr" if he chooses to move this thread.

Ken

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin2 /forum/post/19584647

Well Ken, I believe it is a Samsung panel.

Why do you think its not?

You're absolutely correct! I had an absolute brain-fart! It does show to be in agreement with his sticker and be a "S" panel, which is Samsung. Again, my apologies.

Let's see how many more we get that hold true. So far, there is shown to be (1) that agrees & (2) that don't match including mine (one was in the other thread). He needs to post that over here.

Ken

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict /forum/post/19584279

Thank you.

UPC outside the box SQ01

So, it is a Sammy panel.

Yes, you are correct!