AVS Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2066 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
grey goo

i have been through 2 un40j6200 televisions and both in different spots have gotten 5 or so grey looking pixels(noticed it after a safe break in of the tv) what could cause this? i have it hooked up to my pc, could that be the cause... i mean it is one of the last 1080p tvs worth getting as they are phasing 'em out... and 4k is still immature for gaming due to lag and horse power to run it and coming down to 1080p on one could make the picture blurry(maybe someday a 4k 144hz monitor till then i need this question answered).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Don't have that setup but quick google results are promising.

Tried the PC settings, which takes away movie mode which most use to calibrate, but I would be okay if that took away that jarring blur, but didn't seem to help at all. Also none of this model in an actual store near me so would have to order a new one and wait...

i noticed it way back with my 2012 model and it blows. the only way i found a solution is hooking it up to a real pc in pc mode. maybe an hd receiver would eradicate this, but i never used anything other then an input to a hd receiver from an nvidia based video card.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Anyone knows if model ue32j5000awxzg (Germany) is IPS or VA? Or at least how to check it. I see some sites says its VA but I see some people say that all of the J5000 series are IPS (maybe the US version?).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello,

Anyone knows if model ue32j5000awxzg (Germany) is IPS or VA? Or at least how to check it. I see some sites says its VA but I see some people say that all of the J5000 series are IPS (maybe the US version?).
It should be a Samsung VA panel; the 32J5500/5600 has an IPS panel ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have knowledge of an EA01 panel being used in some 2016 Sammy displays?
I was going to post the exact same question. Purchased a UN60KS800D from Costco and just set it up. Are these showing up at all in Best Buy UN60K8000 or are they exclusive to Costco KS800D units? In searching posts on "Samsung Panel Lottery", there seems to be a fall off in interest or updating the latest version codes and who makes the panels. Rratings.com article aside concerning there being relatively minor differences these days, the viewing angle on the TV I received shows a noticeable degradation of color off of center. From one unit, I can't tell if it's "typical" or due to the EA01 panels being more limited than panels from other manufacturers. Some have posted that Samsung doesn't make any 60" panels but the 60" size is perfect for the space we have and it would be a stretch to go to 65" (not to mention about $100 to $300 more depending on discounts). And my budget is already stretched to go for the more future proof model over say a UN60KU7100. So there would appear to be more manufacturers in the 65" market with Samsung but the Rratings.com review would indicate getting a Samsung panel is no guarantee of a better overall viewing experience ... there appear to be tradeoffs one way or another. Would appreciate hearing others experiences and opinions as well as any factual info regarding EA01 panels.

·
Registered
16,328 Posts
Off-axis viewing is terrible for my two Samsungs with the S-PVA panels. Straight on, the pq is very nice. However, off-axis viewing on my LG, S-IPS panel is to die for. But, the blacks are not as black as the Samsung S-PVA panel so you have to decide on what you can live with.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Anyone have knowledge of an EA01 panel being used in some 2016 Sammy displays?
I was going to post the exact same question. Purchased a UN60KS800D from Costco and just set it up. Are these showing up at all in Best Buy UN60K8000 or are they exclusive to Costco KS800D units? In searching posts on "Samsung Panel Lottery", there seems to be a fall off in interest or updating the latest version codes and who makes the panels. Rratings.com article aside concerning there being relatively minor differences these days, the viewing angle on the TV I received shows a noticeable degradation of color off of center. From one unit, I can't tell if it's "typical" or due to the EA01 panels being more limited than panels from other manufacturers. Some have posted that Samsung doesn't make any 60" panels but the 60" size is perfect for the space we have and it would be a stretch to go to 65" (not to mention about $100 to $300 more depending on discounts). And my budget is already stretched to go for the more future proof model over say a UN60KU7100. So there would appear to be more manufacturers in the 65" market with Samsung but the Rratings.com review would indicate getting a Samsung panel is no guarantee of a better overall viewing experience ... there appear to be tradeoffs one way or another. Would appreciate hearing others experiences and opinions as well as any factual info regarding EA01 panels.
Samsung Part# BN95-02642A, Sharp CY-QK060FLSV1V/H, KS700

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN95-02642A.html

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have a 55KS8000 and would like to know what panel I have. Do I need to go into the service menu to find this out. If so can someone tell me how?

Thankss

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
@blenky, it should be on the sticker close to the port for the One Connect on the back of the TV or on a sticker on the end of your box.
Attached is screen shot of label - where does it tell me the panel I have?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a 55KS8000 and would like to know what panel I have. Do I need to go into the service menu to find this out. If so can someone tell me how?

Thankss
As far as I know for UE models the answer is yes. I do not like to discuss getting into service menu, but if all you do is get into the first screen of the service menu DO NOTHING ELSE, do not push any other buttons on the remote. When you get the option code just turn off your TV. When you turn the TV back on it should be back to normal. See this post.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2387466-official-samsung-ks8000-ks8500-owners-thread-130.html#post45664521

Moving around or changing anything in the service menu may break your TV for good. So once it comes up, get your info and power off.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
As far as I know for UE models the answer is yes. I do not like to discuss getting into service menu, but if all you do is get into the first screen of the service menu DO NOTHING ELSE, do not push any other buttons on the remote. When you get the option code just turn off your TV. When you turn the TV back on it should be back to normal. See this post.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2387466-official-samsung-ks8000-ks8500-owners-thread-130.html#post45664521

Moving around or changing anything in the service menu may break your TV for good. So once it comes up, get your info and power off.
Thanks - and noted on NOT changing anything!

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone know what panels used in KS7500 and KU6300 ?
i cant get in service menu... but back label is AA01 for KS7500 and FA01? for KU6300
both is curved... i believe there only limited panel makers that make curved display (AOU and samsung only?)
wonder if both is samsung panel

·
Registered
381 Posts
i cant get in service menu... but back label is AA01 for KS7500 and FA01? for KU6300
both is curved... i believe there only limited panel makers that make curved display (AOU and samsung only?)
The general consenses is AA=AOU and FA=Samsung

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panel Version Help

Hello,

This is my first post the forum. I've recently picked up a 55KS8000 after reading through many posts. So far I have been thoroughly impressed with this television. It has exceptional picture quality and zero of the problems some have mentioned here in the forum about the KS Series.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to identify the panel manufacturer. Please take a look at the picture and let me know who you think it is? I haven't seen it discussed in the forum before.

It says:
Option: 55L1MU0QK

Thanks again for your help and I apologize in advance if this model has already been discussed in the forum before. This place has a TON of info!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,328 Posts
Does it really matter? If you're happy with the pq, and it meets your expectations, who cares what kind of panel it is. Don't fall into the banter that "if it's not an S-PVA panel, it's crap". It's YOU who have to be satisfied, not what others say you should have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
do you live in Europe btw ?

ks7500 model name is used for EU market and i guess it is almost same with ks8500 in US.

i never seen any kinda aa01 aa02 panel for curved samsung 2016 tvs. US ks8500 panels were all fa01 as far as i know.

really weird..

·
Registered
4 Posts
The general consenses is AA=AOU and FA=Samsung
do you live in Europe btw ?

ks7500 model name is used for EU market and i guess it is almost same with ks8500 in US.

i never seen any kinda aa01 aa02 panel for curved samsung 2016 tvs. US ks8500 panels were all fa01 as far as i know.

really weird..
thanks for the info guys

no, i live in asia, all model is under UA.. based what i check, most pretty same to australia model
the 2015 line up all made in malaysia, 2016 made in vietnam, its not really matter what country made as the parts is from various country anyway

still deciding between KU6300 or KS7500 55".... i read HDR in series7 not as good as series9, so maybe not worth extra $250~300

1981 - 2000 of 2066 Posts