AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a Samsung plasma, or are considering one, this thread might be of use to you.

As you've probably already read from the Samsung review, a hopefully small percentage of customers are experiencing buzzing, flickering, squealing and pops from their HP-S4253, HP-S5053 and HP-S5073 model plasmas.

Sadly, I'm one of them, and I've had the same customer service nightmare that the others have. After nearly two months of fighting with them, I finally managed to get Samsung to admit to the problem and offer a resolution. I've also posted video and pictures of the problem, as well as my call log. To help any of you with the problem, I've put the entire saga online at:

http://www.samsungsaga.com

Hopefully my story, steps and experience will be of assistance. The summary of the site is that they refused to replace my television or refund my money. Eventually through the assistance of Executive Customer Service and constant badgering, they replaced it with an LCD at a discounted price differential. Although this might sound a little "Bait and Switch" to some, I'm hoping for the best.

If you're having similar problems:
  • Stop dealing with Customer Service and go directly to ECR at 1-800-522-7341 or possibly 1-800-747-5618.
  • Start logging every call. If you decide to record the phone calls in your situation, be aware that their center is in Florida, and Florida requires authorization from both parties.
  • If you're still within 60 days of purchase and bought it at an authorized retailer on a credit card, file a stop payment/dispute with VISA/etc to get the retailer involved.
  • Contact the Better Business Bureau (mixed results here) at http://lookup.bbb.org/ .
  • Put it all online and contact Laura DiStefano at Samsung's PR firm at: [email protected]
  • Call the corporate line at Samsung America (201) 229-5000 and press 0 for the operator (or try General Affairs at 1 then 5). Ask for Dong-Jin Oh CEO, and then leave a message with his answering service or the same for Jae Soon Park the President of their Consumer Electronics Division. Don't expect to speak with them directly, but taking your message to the top can't hurt. (mixed results here too) They hide this number pretty well, and the other three I tried were out of order. They aren't listed on the US stock exchange (Korean only).
  • Contact your local news station, like mine, many of them have investigative departments and love a juicy consumer story.
  • Contact http://www.callforaction.org/offices/ for assistance.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbercow /forum/post/0

If you have a Samsung plasma, or are considering one, this thread might be of use to you.

As you've probably already read from the Samsung review, a hopefully small percentage of customers are experiencing buzzing, flickering, squealing and pops from their HP-S4253, HP-S5053 and HP-S5073 model plasmas.

Sadly, I'm one of them, and I've had the same customer service nightmare that the others have. After nearly two months of fighting with them, I finally managed to get Samsung to admit to the problem and offer a resolution. I've also posted video and pictures of the problem, as well as my call log. To help any of you with the problem, I've put the entire saga online at:

http://www.samsungsaga.com

Hopefully my story, steps and experience will be of assistance. The summary of the site is that they refused to replace my television or refund my money. Eventually through the assistance of Executive Customer Service and constant badgering, they replaced it with an LCD at a discounted price differential. Although this might sound a little "Bait and Switch" to some, I'm hoping for the best.

If you're having similar problems:
  • Stop dealing with Customer Service and go directly to ECR at 1-800-522-7341 or possibly 1-800-747-5618.
  • Start logging every call. If you decide to record the phone calls in your situation, be aware that their center is in Florida, and Florida requires authorization from both parties.
  • If you're still within 60 days of purchase and bought it at an authorized retailer on a credit card, file a stop payment/dispute with VISA/etc to get the retailer involved.
  • Contact the Better Business Bureau (mixed results here) at http://lookup.bbb.org/ .
  • Put it all online and contact Laura DiStefano at Samsung's PR firm at: [email protected]
  • Call the corporate line at Samsung America (201) 229-5000 and press 0 for the operator (or try General Affairs at 1 then 5). Ask for Dong-Jin Oh CEO, and then leave a message with his answering service or the same for Jae Soon Park the President of their Consumer Electronics Division. Don't expect to speak with them directly, but taking your message to the top can't hurt. (mixed results here too) They hide this number pretty well, and the other three I tried were out of order. They aren't listed on the US stock exchange (Korean only).
  • Contact your local news station, like mine, many of them have investigative departments and love a juicy consumer story.
  • Contact http://www.callforaction.org/offices/ for assistance.

Thanks for all the great info Rubbercow. It might come in handy to some.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbercow /forum/post/0

Yup, 3354 posts and counting. Somewhat crazy. :/

you really shouldn't pull numbers out of your ass and call it fact.

Please show us 3354 posts, and not by the same members, that are ALL pertaining to problems with the BUZZ?

Oh and by the way your video makes no sense, you title it buzz issues and somehow you throw in this random pattern issue, which no one else has claimed.

If you were so unhappy with your TV, why did you not return it within the 30 days ?

Second why on earth would you have to deal directly with Samsung... if the shop you bought it from would not help you... the better business bureau should be contacted. That is simply not correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.