AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a plasma for around 1 month, i did the break in period with the break in dvd the first 100hs and used settings below 50% , after that i used the tv as a regular tv... i use my plasma mainly for gaming.

I played MGS4 and now i played Battlefield BC. on both cases i´m able to see the HUD.

after 3 or 4 days without using the game, i´m still able to see the hud.

I thought i had BI, but today i used 2 anti burn in pattern the samsung has.

All white and Signal remover (something like that) after 3 or 4 hs i clearly see an improvement on the BI/IR.

My question is, which one i should use, or when i should use one over the other?

Thanks,

Booker

PD. My tv is a Samsung HPT4254 btw.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The scrolling pattern is more effective than the all white pattern, but takes more electricity to run. If you dont worry about a couple bucks on your electric bill, set to scrolling pattern, and leave it overnight.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomHeart /forum/post/14185598

The scrolling pattern is more effective than the all white pattern, but takes more electricity to run. If you dont worry about a couple bucks on your electric bill, set to scrolling pattern, and leave it overnight.

thanks!, i have another question now, what are the difference between the 2? when i should use all white pattern?

i don´t mind about extra bucks on electric bill at all.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/14185677

Also check the 54 series threads for setting the burn-in protection features, ie pixel shift.

yeah thanks, i already have on, and it´s working.

but still got crazy amount of IR.

I don´t mind IR at all, but i want to be sure it´s IR and not BI.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Games are tough on plasmas regardless of brands. With that said your plasma is still relatively new. It should get less prone to IR over the next few months.

By the way, some experienced gamers here have sugested limiting game use to around 25% of viewing when your plasma is new, as yours is. Somebody here with a Panny or Pioneer wrote a nice piece on this. If I come across it I'll link it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Scroll feature is certainly more effective than the all white. The All white is used primarily to determine IF you have IR.

Full screen HD content is best though.. like discovery channel.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by temeone /forum/post/14192385

Scroll feature is certainly more effective than the all white. The All white is used primarily to determine IF you have IR.

Full screen HD content is best though.. like discovery channel.

1 question.. i never ever experience IR on white screen. But i do see some "IR" on black screen.

what this means?

IR is only IR when you see it on a White image? or on Black screen it´s also called IR?

When you get IR on White, and when do you get on Black?

I do get IR on black screen a lot! but never experience IR on white.

Sorry for so many questions but i´m new to plasma tech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts