AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello, sorry for my bad English, its not my native language.

I have purchased the Samsung 43F4500, its my first plasma an i love the picture quality.

The only problem is that the TV makes a very annoying buzz.

The buzz sound like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkJmcyynB4

Is it normal?

I can heart it 6 feet away in quiet scenes and when i change the channels.

What do you guys think? Should i return it?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
All plasmas buzz, but some are louder than others and people's sensitivity to it varies.

The noise level of the buzzing varies by picture level -- the brighter the scene, the louder the buzz.

If it's loud enough to be annoying at normal volume levels, you might want to try exchanging it. But by your description, it sounds normal.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1525020/samsung-plasma-buzz-is-it-normal#post_24548461

All plasmas buzz, but some are louder than others and people's sensitivity to it varies.

The noise level of the buzzing varies by picture level -- the brighter the scene, the louder the buzz.

If it's loud enough to be annoying at normal volume levels, you might want to try exchanging it. But by your description, it sounds normal.
+1

I do think some people are more sensitive to it.  If I place my ear next to it, it's loud as hell, but not from a listening position- 8 feet away in my case.    My Pioneer Elite does the same thing.  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts