AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Samsung PN58C8000YFXZA plasma TV last year and love it, but lately when the screen is mostly light/white colored there is a discoloration on the screen. It looks like there are purple/grey horizontal bands on the screen that flicker and it has gotten progressively worse. It looks like this:

I have tried resetting the TV to factory defaults and the discoloration still shows up on HDMI and component.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I am planning to call Samsung tomorrow, but was hoping there might be another solution.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yikes man! Looks like your plasma got into a fight?! I'd definitely call Samsung as this looks pretty unusual. Has it been a solid year since purchasing it? If not they should replace it under warranty.

Good luck!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have this same issue. I have had my TV for a few years now. Do you know what the fix for it was?
This is a very common issue with these models. It can be fixed easily, though you do have to remove the TV's back cover. It requires you to remove the cover and increase the Vs adjustment.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1477910-pn58c8000-pink-banding.html

Samsung will not acknowledge this as a defect, even though they have a tech bulletin out for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.