AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently got the Samsung 43 inch plasma from Future Shop and I like it very much, however, the screen sometimes, for about a second, flashes random colors across the screen. I only noticed this with my antenna so it might be the connection.

I figured I should do a firmware upgrade so I went to Samsung's website and they had the 1006.6 firmware available. I downloaded it, put it on my usb flash drive and connected it to the TV. When I started the upgrade, however, it said something along the lines of 'Are you sure you want to upgrade from 1007 to 1006?'. I'm confused, how can I have a firmware installed on the TV that's newer than the one on the website?

Should I upgrade it or leave it as is?

Also, what do you think are the best settings to get the best picture quality?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroncile /forum/post/20963672

Hi, I recently got the Samsung 43 inch plasma from Future Shop and I like it very much, however, the screen sometimes, for about a second, flashes random colors across the screen. I only noticed this with my antenna so it might be the connection.

I figured I should do a firmware upgrade so I went to Samsung's website and they had the 1006.6 firmware available. I downloaded it, put it on my usb flash drive and connected it to the TV. When I started the upgrade, however, it said something along the lines of 'Are you sure you want to upgrade from 1007 to 1006?'. I'm confused, how can I have a firmware installed on the TV that's newer than the one on the website?

Should I upgrade it or leave it as is?

Also, what do you think are the best settings to get the best picture quality?

Thanks.

I have the same thing happening. Purchased ours Oct 8 2011...great deals on these now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts