AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a Samsung 50" PN50A400 for over a year now. During the first couple months I got image retention almost immediately when I watched the TV. Finally Samsung replaced the panel right before it went out of warranty because it was getting instant image retention.

Now the panel has been replaced and all the settings are low, (brightness etc.) and my girlfriend just watched HGTV for about an hour and a half last night on regular analog cable and a light "HGTV" image is ghosting in the bottom right corner. It is visible while watching other things. I immediately switched it to the "screen wash" option (black and grey colors washing over the screen) and have left it there. What do I do to get this thing right? I want to be able to enjoy this TV and play some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on 2 on this thing! Thanks for all your help my friends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
settings are:

Mode: Dynamic

Cell Light: 0

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 0

Sharpness: 75

Color: 55

Tint: 50

This is how they came back from the repair place.. I havent touched them.. Thanks!

PS: after running the screen wash again all day, I dont think I can see it now when viewing analog TV. Have yet to try HD Xbox etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Got this TV last year on black friday at Wal-mart, Best buy out there. Love it Nascar, NFL , and movies are clear at 720. Like the button Psize to make it fit wide sceen, thanks Samsung"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts