AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Samsung PN50A450PID and CPS EW from MountAVision in 2008

Good tv, but started having dancing red dots on the left edge.

been meaning to call CPS to get it fixed but didn't have time.

One night while watching the tv just made a loud noise and started buzzing, screen turned off.

Switched the tv off and upon closer inspection the upper left corner was cracked.

Opened up a claim, but as it turns out they never received a proof or purchase back in 2008. Since its been 2 years I wasn't able to find it, so I sent the next best thing, the Circuit City Card statement that detail the purchase price and discount, However it doesn't detail the Brand or model number or what we purchased.

Because of the lack of an itemized proof of purchase the warranty has been denied.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Cliffs:

-purchased PN50A450PID from circuit city with CPS EW from MountAVision

-dancing red dots---Cracked

-opened a claim, no itemized proof of purchase

-denied

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tv was bought from Circuit City using a circuit city credit card that is owned by chase.

we were able to obtain an itemized bank statement to provide as proof of purchase.

However CPS denied this as proof and therefore denying our extended warranty.

I hope we could get this settled having no tv during the holidays would really be a letdown.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantv1ral /forum/post/19571193

Bought a Samsung PN50A450PID and CPS EW from MountAVision in 2008

Good tv, but started having dancing red dots on the left edge.

been meaning to call CPS to get it fixed but didn't have time.

One night while watching the tv just made a loud noise and started buzzing, screen turned off.

Switched the tv off and upon closer inspection the upper left corner was cracked.

Opened up a claim, but as it turns out they never received a proof or purchase back in 2008. Since its been 2 years I wasn't able to find it, so I sent the next best thing, the Circuit City Card statement that detail the purchase price and discount, However it doesn't detail the Brand or model number or what we purchased.

Because of the lack of an itemized proof of purchase the warranty has been denied.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Cliffs:

-purchased PN50A450PID from circuit city with CPS EW from MountAVision

-dancing red dots---Cracked

-opened a claim, no itemized proof of purchase

-denied

I'm a little confused - by "itemized proof of purchase" does that mean that CPS is requiring you to provide an actual receipt from Circuit City that has the PN50A450PID model number on it to prove that the TV you have is the one you bought the warranty for?

Don't they have a record of your TV's model number, serial number, and purchase date when you registered the TV with CPS? I have to provide all this when i registered my PZ700U with Mack a few years ago, and also when i registered my PX50U with Repairmaster 5 years ago.

Don't you have your original Circuit City receipt for the TV?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i believe that they are asking for the receipt which we dont have.

im surprised too that they dont have it already, they have our serial number for the tv and purchase date and everything else.

i cant help but think they are just avoiding it to not have to get us a new tv/panel

if the serial on the back of our tv matches there record, i dont even think they need a proof of purchase besides we've already provided records of the purchase through the creditor.

as for the proof we've provided it just has the cost and "Plasma TV" around the date that the warranty was purchased.

this is really frustrating.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantv1ral /forum/post/19590617

yes i believe that they are asking for the receipt which we dont have.

im surprised too that they dont have it already, they have our serial number for the tv and purchase date and everything else.

i cant help but think they are just avoiding it to not have to get us a new tv/panel

if the serial on the back of our tv matches there record, i dont even think they need a proof of purchase besides we've already provided records of the purchase through the creditor.

as for the proof we've provided it just has the cost and "Plasma TV" around the date that the warranty was purchased.

this is really frustrating.

Extended Warranty companies require you to provide a receipt for the TV (even the manufacturer requires this under the factory warranty). If you lost the receipt, well that was your "key" to getting EW work. They could just be following their own rules to a "T" to cover their butts, or trying to make sure there's no fraudulent claim, or they could be using the lack of a receipt as an excuse to get out of paying for expensive repairs or replacement. CPS isn't the greatest warranty company.

But if you have your CPS warranty card and have registered your TV with the serial number and purchase date and everything matches then do try to speak to someone higher up and explain your dilemma.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It would make more sense that the claim was denied for physical damage(crack),most warrantys cover material defects in parts and workmanship related to the manufacture of the product. A crack long after purchase would not qualify as such .

Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the physical damage is a manufacturer defect, it had red dancing dots that lead to pop while watching tv, ie no physical contact with anything. and it just cracked the panel did the glass is perfect condition, so is the rest of the tv cosmetically

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually just bought a pk550 and breaking it in now.

still haven resolved the claim, hoping to do it today.

here are pics of the crack as well as the brun beneath it that i just noticed when taking pictures after moving the plasma in a well lit room

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.