1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Within the last 2 weeks, I received this plasma from Amazon. Everything went

fine however, I am getting annoyed by the slight pink hue in white areas on the

left part of my screen. I watch a lot of hockey, so the left part of the ice is slightly pink compared to the right side, which seems to be perfectly white.

Other than that, I love everything about this set.

I could possible live with it, but knowing what I paid and I am within the 30 return window, I wonder if it is worth going through the hassle. Has anyone

had this problem and what was done to resolve it? I appreciate any response.

I did research the forum and web and have found some instances where people had this issue, but could not find how they resolved it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seems like a lot of plasmas have uneven colors when showing whites.

I noticed it even moreso on the Panasonic units I've looked at.

I have to believe it's just part of the technology...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I may be way out here, but could it be the anti reflective coating? I know some sets when they are off, the screen has a pink hue to it. Maybe this problem shows up only on a white screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
taiteng ,

I have the same exact problem with my samsung 42 inch plasma that I took back to hhgregg.It is in fact the anti reflective coating that is doing it , you got one that has been applied to the outer glass/plastic unevenly, keep in mind it is a coating that has to be applied kind've like the anti reflective coating on a pair of glasses, they have a pinkish hue. the same applies to your tv. take it back man don't have to learn to live with it, you paid good money for it , you desirve to watch hockey and love the picture man, samsung dropped the ball on their antireflective coatings bottom line, it sucks to becauce i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee samsunggg. I got a panasonic inplace of it and the whites are white...... but the overallpicture is not as good to me as the samsung [email protected]@@@@@@@@@@@@@ thats how I feel about it. I am one step away from getting a refund all together and marching my ass down to walmart and getting a 47 inch VIZIO lcd and calling it a day and saying bye bye to plasma.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts