AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought this 2nd hand, the prior owner had attached an rf repeater to the right corner of the bezel. He tried removing it, which left some glue, which he then tried to remove. It has left some nasty scratches, plus the glue. Does anyone know of a way to get the finish back, or if Samsung will replace the bezel, willing to pay for one???

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. (seriously) doubt Samsung would replace it (under warranty) since it was User caused; they may sell you a replacement, if at all possible. I might talk to one of the 'experts' at Home Depot/Lowe's paint department (ot. sources) to see if there's a spray to apply that would similate the high gloss look. Of course, would involve 'masking' off (painter's tape; blue) the entire TV beforehand.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son /forum/post/19608108

.. (seriously) doubt Samsung would replace it (under warranty) since it was User caused; they may sell you a replacement, if at all possible. I might talk to one of the 'experts' at Home Depot/Lowe's paint department (ot. sources) to see if there's a spray to apply that would similate the high gloss look. Of course, would involve 'masking' off (painter's tape; blue) the entire TV beforehand.

Sounds like something to try. I believe I can remove the bezel, seems to be held in place with just a few screws.

Will see about Samsung's replacement parts cost.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts