AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung PN50B550T2F. It clicks twice and turns off. I can't do board level repair but I can swap boards. I have seen how-tos that say by disconnecting cables connected to the power supply board you isolate the bad board. Does this technique really work?

Here's what happens with my TV:

No disconnections - a couple clicks and turns off.

X and Y disconnected from power supply board - two clicks and unit turns off. One LED on the logic board flashes a couple times then goes out.

X disconnected from power supply board - 3 clicks and unit turns off. Two LEDs on the logic board flash a few times then goes out.

Y disconnected from power supply board - 3 clicks and unit turns off. Two LEDs on the logic board flash a few times then goes out.

Does this procedure really tell me anything?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It can. Not having worked on Samsungs I will just give a few things that help with plasma repair:

1. Get a hold of a repair manual. The test you speak of will be in the repair manual and steer you to the right board.
2. Google your model and symptoms and try to get steered in the right direction.
3. Parts or repair. Hopefully you can get the board needed or somebody can fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts