AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my set for about a month. I just noticed what looks like horizontal bands of color (pink/green) scrolling slowly up the screen about 6 inches apart.
Using HD 1080i RGB input.

Any suggestions as to cause/fix? This set has the 1007 firmware.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Ground Loop Hum. Disconnect the RF coax cable coming from outside into the cable/sat box and re-test all the video inputs. Get your cable/sat company out to fix the crappy wiring/ground(s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn /forum/post/16934225

Ground Loop Hum. Disconnect the RF coax cable coming from outside into the cable/sat box and re-test all the video inputs. Get your cable/sat company out to fix the crappy wiring/ground(s).

Thank you.. I'll recheck all the coax and if needed get cox out! Things are looking up. Thanks hammerdwn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem was with my crappy A/V switcher! I now have the RGB going directly into the back of the TV and lines are gone. (when I had the cable off but A/V running a signal onto a black screeen the lines were there).. so process of elimination worked! Thank you guys.. and why didn't I just run it into the back of the TV in the first place??.. dohhh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.