AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my set for about a month. I just noticed what looks like horizontal bands of color (pink/green) scrolling slowly up the screen about 6 inches apart.
Using HD 1080i RGB input.

Any suggestions as to cause/fix? This set has the 1007 firmware.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ground Loop Hum. Disconnect the RF coax cable coming from outside into the cable/sat box and re-test all the video inputs. Get your cable/sat company out to fix the crappy wiring/ground(s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleh19 /forum/post/16933940

Did you test to see if its reproducable on all inputs, and then to check with another video source? Just trying to rule things out

Yep.. doing that right now with HDMI input. I'll report back.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn /forum/post/16934225

Ground Loop Hum. Disconnect the RF coax cable coming from outside into the cable/sat box and re-test all the video inputs. Get your cable/sat company out to fix the crappy wiring/ground(s).

Thank you.. I'll recheck all the coax and if needed get cox out! Things are looking up. Thanks hammerdwn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem was with my crappy A/V switcher! I now have the RGB going directly into the back of the TV and lines are gone. (when I had the cable off but A/V running a signal onto a black screeen the lines were there).. so process of elimination worked! Thank you guys.. and why didn't I just run it into the back of the TV in the first place??.. dohhh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts