AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Samsung PN50B850 to replace my samsung 5084.

I started the break-in DVD an hour ago. I went to check on the TV and the front is really really hot. I think that I could cook an egg on it..!??

Is this normal??

The TV is in cinema mode right now..

The TV aslo have one dead pixel dead center, should I exchange it or not worth the hassle?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just bought a Samsung PN50B550 two days ago.

- I ran the TV straight for many hours and while it gets warm (mainly behind the TV) I wouldn't really consider it hot. Especially not hot enough to cook an egg.

- The dead pixel thing would probably bother me, just since it's smack dab in the center.

I know how much it sucks to pack everything up for an exchange. But it may be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I have the 58-650. I can feel the heat about 2 feet from the tv. I wouldn't call it hot and it has caused no problems.

·
Registered
498 Posts
In my experience the Samsungs tend to get cooler with age. There will always be some heat, but my B650 started off VERY hot and now is very cool (1600 hours).

If the dead pixel is noticeable at seating distance, it's up to you if you want to return it. If it's not, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't go within an inch of my set and look at every pixel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not noticeabla from viewing distance.

But since I had problems with my old samsung for over 7 months the guy at the store told me that he would exchange the TV set as long has he has them in stock. He just received a big batch because they will go on sale in two weeks.

I'll trade it this monday since he offered me to..!

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
That's what you get for running the break-in. Don't listen to the cultists on AVS. Just watch the TV. Forget the break-in. Save some energy.

·
Banned
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstersp /forum/post/18170917

I just got a new Samsung PN50B850 to replace my samsung 5084.

I started the break-in DVD an hour ago. I went to check on the TV and the front is really really hot. I think that I could cook an egg on it..!??

Is this normal??

The TV is in cinema mode right now..

The TV aslo have one dead pixel dead center, should I exchange it or not worth the hassle?

Most definitely exchange it or get a refund. Unless of course money is no object to you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would exchange it because of the dead pixel. I can feel the warmth of the set from approximately 2 feet. I love my tv and have no plans on returning it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts