AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make decision on these two models. So much information here on other threads but having difficulty sizing these up against each other. The 50 inchers are running about the same price.. The newer G a tad more.

Could someone in these forums provide some guidance on some basic pros cons. My old rptv went caput and I'm not ready to spend a boatload or wait for the 3d versions. These two appear like the next best option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing, but you beat me to the punch. I'll be watching this thread to see if any of the experts chime in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am another who will be watching this thread with curiosity, those are two models I have narrowed my choices too as well. Any help?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the 860 then returned it. I will be buying a G20 while wait for my return on my 650 goes through. I'll let you know how they compare. My goal is to get the 60pk550 though, so the G20 is only a temp thing.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermont /forum/post/18494469

I had the 860 then returned it. I will be buying a G20 while wait for my return on my 650 goes through. I'll let you know how they compare. My goal is to get the 60pk550 though, so the G20 is only a temp thing.

Why did you return the 860?

Also, are we to understand that you have had a 650 AND 860 and returned them both?

·
Registered
109 Posts
yes...I have returned both. I did like the 860, it had more potential get IR then the 650, but nothing to really complain about. The 860 had a little buzz, the 650 is loud and annoying. I returned it to see if I would like another TV better. If not I was going to rebuy a 860
. I believe if i am to drop 2K on a tv, I should be able to test it out in real world conditions to see if I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts