AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 50b860 about an hour ago, i hooked everything up and the buzzing is horrible almost gave me a headache. I immediately called amazon and they told me they just sent one out and i should get it in 2 days. They also told me if this new one does not work, they can give me a discount on another tv or give me a full refund. My question is, samsung 8000 series led, or a panasonic g10 plasma, out of those 2 which one would you pick

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the same boat you are in, have the 860 for about a week now. Panasonics are thicker and I am liking the thinness of the 860. LCD's have screen uniformity issues as well as viewing angle issues.

I am considering sticking to the 860, trying to see if after a week buzzing is still bothering me. To be honest, I was looking for buzzing before I even bought it, as I read about it here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was lucky and received an 860 from Amazon that does not buzz. It is a great set, and I do think it is worth trying another for anyone receiving a problem tv. I do worry, however, that some firms may simply be repacking the "buzzers" and reshipping them to someone else in the hope that the person will keep the set. With a large entity such as Amazon, though, I would definitely try another 860.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts