AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased my 50b860 off of amazon and it will be here tuesday, i am excited of course. This will be my first plasma ever, My old tv was a 46a650 120hz samsung lcd ,and i was about to pull the trigger on a samsung led tv but i read all the great stuff you guys had to say and i really saw what i was missing when i went to best buy and saw the 860 in person. My questions are since i am new to plasma should i be aware of anything, like break in periods what should i do for the first 100 hours or so of watching tv, should i not play much video games on it for awhile or what ? Just if you can give me any advice i would really appreciate it .thanks!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. first ~100hrs, be cautious of static images, running banners (nascar, stock tickers, news, etc.) station logos, logos period, 4:3 material. if you can avoid the temptation, would delay game playing for awhile or, if not, keep your duration down, hour or so. just abit of 'pre' caution 'could' make its likelihood of problems (prolonged IR) less prominent.

add: turn to 'movie' mode, then set contrast to ~70 and brightness to ~40. after some time, move them up gradually. find some good settings here on the Forum to hone-in (settle) on.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. no problem; here's a search thru the Owner's Discussion thread for yr model. check the post's that highlight settings you could try (and/or) adjust to your liking:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/searc...rchid=14872325

edit: believe the contrast settings on some listings are 'way' too high, but you may agree on them. something a/r 85 for contrast seems right and a/r 47 for brightness. oh, and would start cell light out at "8".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts