AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purcahsed this set at my local Best Buy. This is my first plasma set . I was planning on getting a 46" LCD but jumped for a plasma because it was a bigger screen for the same price. However , i am not so pleased with the performance of the plasma. Whenever there is a bright white area displayed anywhere on the screen, it casts a dark shadow to the left an right of it. If there is a dark object anywhere near something white, it creates a black shadow and it will move with the object. Also happens when i play Xbox 360 when i select something on a menu and it becomes highlighted, there is a dark band that goes all the way arcross the screen. Is this normal for a plasma set to do? Is mine defective? I have tried adjusting my settings but nothing has helped.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have noticed something similar, but usually only when accessing the tv menu and selecting options

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I just noticed if i look up at the sky in black ops there are several faint lines running across the picture. It almost looks like burn in but it only happens in bright scenes.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, it appears this is a problem with all C550 sets, and a lot of plasmas in general.. I have been running break in slides VIA USB and after almost 100 hours of use it seems that they are getting less noticeable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts