AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the Samsung PN50C6500 (plasma) and Samsung LN46C650 (LCD) comparable sets in PQ terms?

which set would perform better? better blacks? better for gaming..etc?

please help

·
Registered
592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspit30 /forum/post/20261359

are the Samsung PN50C6500 (plasma) and Samsung LN46C650 (LCD) comparable sets in PQ terms?

which set would perform better? better blacks? better for gaming..etc?

please help

For starters, the plasma is larger and size counts for a lot with televisions. What you'll notice if you care to look at in stores is that off-axis viewing degrades significantly with LCD sets. To test, look at the picture straight on and then move 5 feet either way while keeping your eyes on the screen. You'll notice the change easily. Doesn't happen with a plasma.

Also, most televisions are turned way up in brightness and contrast while on display. Put them in your home and you'll go "whoa, turn that thing down". So what does a television look like at "typical" picture settings in your home? Only you can answer that one but most here on this forum are going to say "Buy the plasma!" and with good reason, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the LCD like a month ago, it took me a month to decide which i wanted i was doing all kinds of reviews and comparing, the main reason was gaming. But any how i love the LCD i decided to get and the gaming on it is awesome. My bestfriend has a plasma and we game on it and i hate how it looks

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Avoid the C series LCDs for gaming, they all have rather high input lag. The new D series LCDs have improved quite a bit and are actually quite good for gaming. Still... size trumps all, get the Plasma. (low lag in game mode, large screen and high motion resolution, all great for gaming)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts