AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya guys, I'm really tired of going through a thousand pages trying to read about the samsung 6500. Some smart genius open a thread for the 7000, 8000 and the 6500 as a family but now all we could hear about is the 7000 and how black it is and not. Its a pain, So I decided to open a thread for the PN6500 and only that because it should not be in the same family as the other because it is not 3d from a consumer point of view.


So please feel free to contribute and I my self will keep updating until I pull the plug on mine.
[/IMG]




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
good idea, i replaced my pn50c7000 with a pn58c6500

Pros:

Amazing picture just like the c7000

deeper blacks than my c7000, at least in my opinion, and if i put a light behind the tv as bias lighting, the blacks are even more impressive

seems to run cooler than my c7000


Cons:

buzzes pretty loudly, the buzzing is directional, if you seat in front of the tv you can hear it, anywhere else and its pretty much gone, also i've noticed that the buzzing seems to have quieted down a little, i got the tv last thursday and it definitely seems quieter now than it did then. still getting a technician to check it out though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18619221


buzzes pretty loudly, the buzzing is directional, if you seat in front of the tv you can hear it, anywhere else and its pretty much gone, also i've noticed that the buzzing seems to have quieted down a little, i got the tv last thursday and it definitely seems quieter now than it did then. still getting a technician to check it out though

Have your tried putting something absorptive (pillow?) behind the set? I seem to recall reading a post from someone who said that this quieted their buzzing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread, I'm with you, tired of scrolling through the 7000/8000 owners stuff.


I'm loving my 58" beast. No Buzz, minimal reflection, minimal heat, great colors and blacks.


I'm not loving the flesh tones yet, haven't found the best settings, so someone post some settings to try.


Any questions, just ask. I can only offer my opinions after numerous hours of research and finally going plasma instead of LCD/LED. Sorry I don't have a light meter or fancy tools for measurements.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that the 6500 doesn't have any dejudder but I'm pretty sure it can handle fast movements hence I watch only action movies mainly. is that so?


I also read that samsung had found a way to fix the buzzing on 850 and I'm happy because the 850 and the 6500 have the same make so I hope they fix your buzzing. Please post updates if the tech's fix your buzzing aim1126.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidujusu89 /forum/post/18619463


I have heard that the 6500 doesn't have any dejudder but I'm pretty sure it can handle fast movements hence I watch only action movies mainly. is that so?


I also read that samsung had found a way to fix the buzzing on 850 and I'm happy because the 850 and the 6500 have the same make so I hope they fix your buzzing. Please post updates if the tech's fix your buzzing aim1126.

sure will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Anybody plan on using the Samsung slim wall mount to hang their TV like a picture? I was planning on getting the C6500 soon and also getting the slim wall mount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbarry32 /forum/post/18623176


Anybody plan on using the Samsung slim wall mount to hang their TV like a picture? I was planning on getting the C6500 soon and also getting the slim wall mount.

Thank you for bring this up, can I use any mount or just samsung mount because I already have a mount I'm using with my 42 inch panny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18619221


good idea, i replaced my pn50c7000 with a pn58c6500

Pros:

Amazing picture just like the c7000

deeper blacks than my c7000, at least in my opinion, and if i put a light behind the tv as bias lighting, the blacks are even more impressive

seems to run cooler than my c7000


Cons:

buzzes pretty loudly, the buzzing is directional, if you seat in front of the tv you can hear it, anywhere else and its pretty much gone, also i've noticed that the buzzing seems to have quieted down a little, i got the tv last thursday and it definitely seems quieter now than it did then. still getting a technician to check it out though

Hey Dud, is the buzzing quieting down a little?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidujusu89 /forum/post/18619463


I have heard that the 6500 doesn't have any dejudder but I'm pretty sure it can handle fast movements hence I watch only action movies mainly. is that so?


I also read that samsung had found a way to fix the buzzing on 850 and I'm happy because the 850 and the 6500 have the same make so I hope they fix your buzzing. Please post updates if the tech's fix your buzzing aim1126.

I have a c8000 with a very slight buzz - may I ask where you've read that samsung has found a way to fix the buzzing on the 850?


I have a tech coming this weekend, want to make sure that if something can be done, it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap307 /forum/post/18625890


I have a c8000 with a very slight buzz - may I ask where you've read that samsung has found a way to fix the buzzing on the 850?


I have a tech coming this weekend, want to make sure that if something can be done, it is.

I read it online but the remember quit well and it says that samsung tec just added some rubber cubes or what so ever to the panel and the buzzing was gone so just ask the tec if he heard anything about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I mounted my 58" 6500 on a an ultra slim low profile bracket from monoprice, product #5918.


It's tight and you better make sure you have all your cables hooked up before you lift it on the wall, but it looks great!


You will need shorter screws, unfortunately I don't remember the size. The monoprice mount comes with screws that are too long so I had the guy at the hardware store find me some shorter ones. I think they were like an inch. Maybe 3/4.


Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Pretty annoyed that the 6500 lacks Cinema Smooth. Would you agree that it would be silly to move to a 8000 if I don't care about 3D?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunuku /forum/post/18628529


Pretty annoyed that the 6500 lacks Cinema Smooth. Would you agree that it would be silly to move to a 8000 if I don't care about 3D?

Just for 24p? Yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunuku /forum/post/18628529


Pretty annoyed that the 6500 lacks Cinema Smooth. Would you agree that it would be silly to move to a 8000 if I don't care about 3D?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18613134


ok so i can confirm that changing the model [pc6500] of the tv to pc8000 under the service menu does in fact give you the cinema smooth option, it also gives you cal-day and cal-night under picture settings but it does not give you the motion judder canceler though.

that might help you decide - i'm thinking of 6500 as well, but waiting for the costco near me to carry it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkyen /forum/post/18628744


that might help you decide - i'm thinking of 6500 as well, but waiting for the costco near me to carry it

costco has the 6400 not the 6500.

They are Very similar though, in fact im not sure what the differences actually are!? According to samsung's website the 6400 is 2.8" thick and the 6500 is 1.4"... However the Costco by me has the 6400 on display and it is in fact 1.4" thick!


Good job Samsung, incorrect info on your website!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Hi All,


I am wondering how much room there is for a center channel speaker in front of these TVs. Could someone help me out with 2 measurements?

1) Table top to the bottom of bezel

2) Table top to the bottom of screen


Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorguysanstv /forum/post/18630440


hi all,


i am wondering how much room there is for a center channel speaker in front of these tvs. Could someone help me out with 2 measurements?

1) table top to the bottom of bezel

2) table top to the bottom of screen


thanks!

1) 3"

2) 2"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
My PN58C6500 is going back for a replacement of the same model. Directional buzz was too much for me to handle. I've got my fingers crossed that mine was simply defective.
 
1 - 20 of 640 Posts
Top