AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Samsung PN50C8000 yesterday and it is amazing, barring one PQ issue. When the image is wide panning over a large scene such as the African plains or Galapagos (two of the blu-rays I was watching) the image will flicker. It won't be the whole screen, just areas of moderately fast movement during the pan. It does not happen during slow pans or any other type of moving content.

I also noticed what appeared to be flickering akin to a CRT at 60hz when running the break in slides.

All tv settings were copied from the plasma tv buying guide review. Calibration with spider 2 express will happen after breakin.

Has anyone noticed this issue, and if so, is there a solution?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a common complaint. It is called motion judder and there is a setting on this TV called Motion Judder Canceler. Using this will usually introduce artifacts that are most noticeable as halos or ghosts around figures on the screen. It is up to you which way you prefer it.

Motion judder is a consequence of the low frame rate (24 frames per second) of film and blu-ray. All TVs have this problem because it is inherent to the film and not the TV, but most modern TVs have frame interpolation technology like the MJC that this TV has to try to even it out. Some people like these features and some don't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I will turn motion judder canceler onto the lowest setting and see how it helps.

The only Blu-Rays I purchase are nature documentaries which have a significant # of scenes which introduce motion judder so I think its a worth while trade-off.

Whats odd though is that with the exact same setup and films I did not notice this on my Sony WEGA 32" HD CRT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts