AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I've recently been researching a lot about Plasmas and am looking to buy a PN51D8000 for my room, but i've heard many reports about worse black levels than on the bigger models. Has anyone seen the 51 inch and a 59 or 64 inch side by side? and if so, is there a noticeable difference in black level? I really want to buy this tv but these reports about worse black levels on the 51 inch are concerning. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto412 /forum/post/20938073

even if true...you can calibrate that.

? I don't think you understand that calibration doesn't fix limitations of the display. If that was the case, every Samsung and Panasonic plasma would be able to reproduce black levels like a Pioneer Kuro.

It is pretty common that the larger the screen, the black levels get better. The 51" isn't going to have horrible blacks, just that the largest models will have better blacks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.