AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching TV the other day when there was a loud "Pop" from the TV and now it does not turn on at all. I've tried different outlets and I don't get any power at all to the TV. It is under warranty (purchased last November), but I'm wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and can help? Will Samsung replace my TV or choose to fix this one?

Thanks in advance,

TC

· Registered
42 Posts
If it is more cost effective for them to replace it than fix it, they will replace it.

Since you indicate that you have no power, I assume you don't see any flashing lights of any kind, so it may be your power supply. If it is just that and nothing else got dammaged then they will probably fix it.

Good Luck

· Premium Member
18,330 Posts
It probably is the power supply and if so it should be a quick easy fix in your home. It seems that the power supply has been the most common failure point on flat panel TVs over the years regardless of brand.

· Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/16883902

It probably is the power supply and if so it should be a quick easy fix in your home. It seems that the power supply has been the most common failure point on flat panel TVs over the years regardless of brand.

I don't know about that.

Anyway a loud pop and power supply failure may reflect a symptom that caused the power supply to fail, if it did.

A service tech will have to diagnose this properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.