AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Samsung PN58B650. Any time the screen was completely dark, I noticed two vertical streaks running from the top of the screen to the bottom which were darker than the rest of the screen. This wasn't noticeable when there was color on the screen, but it became very distracting nonetheless (the streaks were a few inches wide, give or take), so I had the TV replaced (same model). Well, the new TV has a dark streak too, of the same size and in roughly the same place on the screen (the right side).

What's the deal? Is this normal? Should I go with a different TV altogether?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Never heard of it before. Might want to see if you can return to a different location so you can get a unit that's not from the same serial number batch (assuming all their stock is at the one location).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/18263504

Never heard of it before. Might want to see if you can return to a different location so you can get a unit that's not from the same serial number batch (assuming all their stock is at the one location).

That's the thing. This new one came from another location. I find it hard to believe that I've gotten the only two TVs with this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts