AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming price and availability were the same, which of these two sets would you buy and why?

Samsung PN58B650

or

Panasonic TC-P58V10

I'm especially interested in the feedback from those who have owned one of these and switched to the other. (Feedback re: the 54" V10 model accepted as well since the 58 *just* came out.)

I need to make a decision between these two sets in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I haven't owned either but I just pulled the trigger on the 860...to me the image looked a little punchier and the aesthetics (thinness) of the Samsung were substantially better. This is going in our family room and is going to be mounted on a wall with nothing else on it other than my in-wall Paradigms so that actually counts for something (read: the wife will be happy).

Note that the 860 is a lot more $ than the V10...I think you can find the 860 for $3,150 or so (in a bunch of places) while the V10 lists for $2,700. I got mine at Best Buy, which was pretty critical to me given the buzzing issues that many have complained about with the Samsungs.

Not taking delivery of the display for a while but definitely curious to hear others thoughts on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can get the Samsung 58B860 @ Amazon.com for $2679 less whatever the current discount coupon is (mine was for $390 off, but expired on 9/26 = $2289.00). I believe the current one is for $200.00 through 10/3 so total w/free shipping = $2479.

The best pricing for the Panasonic I've seen is @ CentralDigital.com for $2174 w/free shipping and if you sign up for BING Cashback you can get it delivered to your door for $2065.30.

I just received my Samsung 58B860 today and the picture is excellent even though it still needs to be calibrated. The delivery guys were very good and the set was already assembled so it was set in place hooked up two wires (power & HD/DVR) and turned the set on. I do have a bit of glare reflection due to a full wall of windows at the far end of the room and the Pannasonic may have been slightly better in my specific situation.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I own the 58B650. The TV buzzes (more like a staticy sound), but isn't that noticable. I went with the Samsung over the Panasonic cause I liked the look of the TV better (their bezel vs the 1990's bezel of the Panasonic). Plus the TV has amazing PQ (and was quite a bit cheaper too)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts