AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currenty have a 50" Panasonic 9uk and am very dissatisfied compared with todays technology. So I'm looking for a new TV and I realize that LCD and Plasma both have pros and cons. After visiting Best Buy I'm undecided between the Sharp LC60E77UN or the Samsung PN58B860.

That being said let me give a little insight as to what I'm looking for in a TV. Not much TV is watched during the day but if I do watch during the day my room is fairly lit (lots of windows). At night it is pretty much low lit. Size and thickness between the two is not important. I do play playstation 3 so gaming is important. Most of all, overall picture quality is the #1 goal. Also I don't want the price between the two to swing any opinions.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Seriously? A Sharp is one of your only two options? This is like asking if you should get a 2010 Lexus IS350 or a 1997 Geo Metro. The Samsung 860 is one of the best 2009-model televisions available. The Sharp wouldn't even make a top twenty list, methinks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I would like a bigger tv than a 58"... A 63" would be perfect so I looked at the samsung pn63b590... nice tv but not the same as the 860. So I guess it comes down to should I get bigger with less quality or go slightly smaller with better quality. My viewing distance is about 14'. I would like to have the best of both worlds without breaking the bank but doesn't even seem possible since samsung does not even make the 860 any larger than 58".

I could hardly find many reviews on the sharp lc60e77un, that being said when I seen it in person I was impressed. Its hard to say that it would not be in the top 20 cause its been under the radar (at least from what I gathered). I also looked at the pana v10 but seems they have stopped production due to some black level problems.

Bottom line is I want a larger TV than 58" so my choices are limited...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just so you know (since gaming is important), a few of us have noticed clipping on the 860s while gaming on the PS3. Others have not (one specifically ran his PS3 through a AV receiver) or just have not noticed.

While it hasn't been a complete deal killer, it can be rather annoying. Thought I'd let you know since it was important to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts