AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering the S2 for a week or two and now I see the PN58C500 pop up. I'm assuming it's a stripped down Black Friday model but I don't see a ton of difference between it and the Samsung. Any reasons why I shouldn't go with the C500 vs the S2?

TIA,

Nelson

·
Registered
653 Posts
I always go for the sammy over the panny in my experience...and with the rising blacks issue I would never get a panny plasma

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've read about the rising blacks issue but I haven't read any reviews that say stay away just b/c of it. Just trying to get the best TV for the money since my 50" is on it's last legs.

·
Registered
653 Posts
how is the C500 different from the C530 or 550 etc?

i have read the fix for the rising blacks is to do a factory reset which will reset the timer on the set, basically reverting it back to 0 hours...if you want to venture into the Service Menu which some people don't want to do, but it's relatively easy on the Pannys

·
Registered
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeProcopio /forum/post/19608131

i have read the fix for the rising blacks is to do a factory reset which will reset the timer on the set, basically reverting it back to 0 hours...if you want to venture into the Service Menu which some people don't want to do, but it's relatively easy on the Pannys

I just picked up the c500 after doing the research. One less HDMI... same panel. There aren't any net apps but I have a PS3 so I'm covered there.

So far so good. No buzz.

I'm very paranoid about burn in though. I just want to watch movies but am concerned about the black bars burning in this early...AHH!

·
Registered
191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeProcopio /forum/post/19608131

Can anyone verify the above?

I'm now considering a move up to a 58"...either the Samsung PN58C500 or the Panasonic P58S2 but of course the rising blacks have me concerned > as well as which set may be more reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.