AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this TV back in December and everything was working fine until a few months ago. I started noticing, especially on lighter backgrounds, that these fuzzy purple bars were popping up on the screen. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does seem to be increasing in frequency. I've confirmed it happens with both the DirecTV box and Blue Ray player. I contacted Samsung and they determined that since both the test picture didn't show these bars and that the bars disappeared when pressing the menu button, that the issue wasn't with the TV and instead with the input source (directv/blue ray player). I've tried changing the hdmi cables, plugging into a different source, nothing seems to work. I feel like I'm at a dead end here and It seems odd to me that these problems haven't been with the TV since the beginning if it is the input source. I've uploaded a video to YouTube so that you can see exactly what I'm having trouble with. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff so any help is really appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.