AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several things on this site and others about the 6400 vs the 6500. If I'm not mistaken, it comes down to 2million to 1 contrast for the 6400 and 5million to 1 contrast for the 6500. My question is does that make a difference? I can essentially get them both for the same price when you include tax from a local store versus no tax if buying online. Will I notice a difference between the two? Is it worth the wait/shipping time to get the 6500 online? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While i have no answer for you, i am wondering the same thing. I can get the 6400 from Costco for maybe $50 less than the 6500 (after tax). But i can pickup the 6400 right now. Plus if i do not like it i can return it a lot easier than to arrange for a shipper to pick it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 6500, and IMO I prefer the looks (colors) of it compared to the 6400. I understand waiting a few days for the 6500 to arrive can be tough however you will always wonder if you did the right thing if you choose the 6400.

It's funny that in Canada the 6500 is the Costco model and the 6400 available elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts