AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my TV is unfix-able and Samsung is going to give me a refund. Now I have a problem, need a new TV before Christmas. Which of course means I just missed all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between the following TV's and would appreciate some input as I'm really burned out over all the reading on them in the forums.

Samsung PN59D7000:

Pros:

Loved my previous 7000 and this has better image than that, until the problems started.....

Great 3D, accepting the dim-ness of all sets it seems.

Cons:

The problems started....red sparkles all over and a red tinge to the entire screen, save for a small strip on either side (not burnin.) They think it was the plasma being overdriven, but they couldn't fix it.

LG 60PZ950:

Pros:

THX OOB

That crazy remote, got my harmon 900's though....

Seems like a solid selection of internet content and other features.

Cons:

Glare, it's in my living room and I see a lot of complaints about that.

Panasonic TC-P60GT30:

Pros:

Overall great PQ

Very robust networking features

Fixed issues with new A-Board

Cons:

Price ($500 more nearly)

Possible BL issues later on

I use the TV 60% HD content, Netflix, Blu-Ray, Cable, 40% gaming on PS3. It is in my living room though I do have black out drapes, course the wife hates when they are pulled!

I know it's more of a personal taste thing, but any glaring "buy this because" or "don't buy this because" issues?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Why not go for the Panny ST30 instead? The GT's THX mode shouldn't be a deal breaker, considering the higher cost.

Ian

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/21283509

Sorry for your loss.

Why not go for the Panny ST30 instead? The GT's THX mode shouldn't be a deal breaker, considering the higher cost.

Ian

So image quality on the ST30 is pretty much as good as the GT than? The ST didn't have the black filter I thought, not such a big deal? Or maybe my memory is wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If to go by the Pros and Cons you have listed, LG 60PZ950 could be the better choice for you because all you have to deal with it is glare and I think that issue is easily manageable.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Forget the lg's they have a good amount of lag for your gaming the pannys would be the best in that aspect. In your shoes I would go panny since your problem with the sammy. I however love my sammy so it would make it a tougher choice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a tough choice indeed, I really did love my Sammy. I think I've decided on the Pany 60GT. Now if I can just wait a bit and see if I can get a deal close to the black Friday one, it's 350 or so more right now

Thanks for the suggestions folks!

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Usually Christmas and Superbowl pricing is similar and sometimes lower than Black Friday, and you can always try to negotiate with certain brick and mortar retailers. And I would definitely choose between the 59D7000 and the 60GT30 over the LG. LG has bad glare and dithering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts