AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my television for around 4 months now and have ATT UVerse. When I bought this set, it was reputed to be one of the best pictures available so I paid a premium price.

I am having trouble with what I think many on the forum have called the "Soap Opera Effect". While movies and other recorded broadcast material looks fine, live events are sometimes just plain horrible. For example, while watching live football ( college or pro), closeups look good but when the camera pans the crowd, the picture appears pixilated or smeared. This morning I was watching Kathy Lee and Hoda and the problem was pronounced. It's almost as if the cable signal is not strong enough to allow the set to refresh the picture fast enough or that the set simply does not have a fast enough refresh rate.

I know some have said this effect can be remedied by adjusting the "Judder Cancellation" feature but how do you do it. The firmware is up-to-date (version 1032). I obviously need some help. This problem is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
148 Posts
With default c7000 mode and latest firmware. You should flick the game mode on and then off once for every hdmi input you are using to disable the motion judder soap opera effect permanently.

This was posted few months ago by user koffas if I remember it correctly.

game mode is in menu: Plug and Play->General

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Just bought my Samsung PN63C7000 last week before Superbowl. When I turned it on today, there was sound but no picture. Tried unplugging all devices and restarting but still no picture. I can't even get the menu to display. I called the retailer and they are sending a Tech out on Monday to check it out. This TV was made in Mexico.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nanite,The c7000 is on a stand and not mounted on the wall. We tried leaving it unplugged overnite and had no Luck. I went back to the retailer today and they agreed to replace the unit with a new one. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Eagle1 /forum/post/19614143

For example, while watching live football ( college or pro), closeups look good but when the camera pans the crowd, the picture appears pixilated or smeared. This morning I was watching Kathy Lee and Hoda and the problem was pronounced.

Kathie Lee & Hoda were smeared? I think your TV has come down with a case of "good taste".

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark353 /forum/post/20006211

Nanite,The c7000 is on a stand and not mounted on the wall. We tried leaving it unplugged overnite and had no Luck. I went back to the retailer today and they agreed to replace the unit with a new one. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I ment unplugged
Good luck for the new one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a pn58c7000 5 days ago (march 2011) the picture of the channels looked amazing but the blu-ray looked like a studio video, so i did upgrade the firmware and the issue was fixed but now the channels do not look so amazing like in the begining, grain around edges of the objects... The firmware resolve 1 issue but give me another! I did contact Samsung support and they told me do the folowing to resolve the issue: PRESS EXIT ON REMOTE FOR 10 SECONDS AND AFTER A PROMPT PRESS OK, but the tv looks worst !! I would like to comeback to the original firmware of the tv. Again I did contact samsung costumer service by chat they told me that a technician can downgrade the firmware. Its that possible?? Because i called again samsung but now by phone and they told me the representative was wrong! A technician can not do that... So to who do i trust?? I think that the motion judder cancellation was being affected, the internal mjc (because doesnt exist in the menu) went away, for that reason now the picture is not so clear, with grain and pixels around the edges of the objects on movement and some blurry. I tried setting every single thing in the menu and nothing works, can someone help me? Some ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts