AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen Q3 mentioned in a couple of the early review articles. That's why I decided to go ahead and order the PN58B650. Plus, I know the B650 is a fantastic TV (I have a PN50B650 already) and while I expect the C8000/7000 to be as good or better, there can always be issues with any model line, even top of the line, that might ruin that series. You just don't know until the production units hit the living rooms...

Update: I just got my new PN58B6...uh, wait - that's a B860 sitting there! I guess Amazon ran out of 650's and had to ship me an 860. What a shame!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can get a 58B650 for $ 1739.00 or I can wait for the new 3D model from Samsung for about $ 2700.00. I wonder if 3D is worth the 1000.00 premium. The reviewers at CES were pretty impressed with the 3D technology. 3D must be getting pretty close to being shipped since the retail outlets are really cutting the prices on the current models to get them out before 3D comes in. I hate to chase technology and $ 1000.00 extra is a stiff upgrade.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzmcishl /forum/post/18301447

I can get a 58B650 for $ 1739.00 or I can wait for the new 3D model from Samsung for about $ 2700.00. I wonder if 3D is worth the 1000.00 premium. The reviewers at CES were pretty impressed with the 3D technology. 3D must be getting pretty close to being shipped since the retail outlets are really cutting the prices on the current models to get them out before 3D comes in. I hate to chase technology and $ 1000.00 extra is a stiff upgrade.

I got to checkout the Samsung showroom here in NYC, while they didnt have any of the new plasmas out they had a bunch of the LEDs out with the glasses (even the 9000 only crap it is skinnnyy)

I watched a few clips with the glasses on and i have to say its a pretty cool concept but i was disappointed with the 3D. I guess i was just dumb and expected stuff to fly at me on the screen but it wasnt like that. It just seemed like each object on the screen was its own image ontop of each other with a tiny bit of pop. After a few minutes i felt like i couldnt watch it anymore, too much strain on my sensitive eyes. Hopefully they'll be better on the plasma

BTW: I also checked out Sony's new 3D television... Not as good as Samsungs, there was a very noticeable flicker and the glasses were kind of uncomfortable.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzmcishl /forum/post/18301447

I'd say skip 3-D and get the 58B650 (given this particular choice). 3-D will likely have some bugs to work out over the next year or so, and $1000 is a ridiculous premium for a novelty that could prove impractical for regular use.

If you were comparing only 2010 models where the 3-D upgrade was in the $200-300 range, then it could be worth it if you're very curious. $1k seems excessive for this feature.

·
Registered
88 Posts
do you think they would have fixed the buzz?

i have the PN58B860 and it's driving me crazy and I'm far from picky, it's 3 weeks old and it seems to get louder and louder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts