AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to compare these three, and am leaning toward the 590 (don't care about 3d or Internet apps), but wanted to check in here in case there are some strong opinions in any one direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't care about 3D or internet aps either and from what I have read, the pictures aren't all that different between the C8000 and the c590 so I went with the C590. Can't tell you how I like it because it doesn't arrive until this Thursday. Also, Cleveland Plasma, a sponsor of this forum, has a great price on it right now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you don't care about 3D, you might want to look in to the PNxxC6500 series. You get all the bennefits of the C8000 (except for the real black filter and the 3D) at a lower price.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I was under the impression the processing was significantly different between the 590, then the 6500's...then the 7000 and 8000s were only marginally better than the 6500s? Additionally everything I've read seems to indicate the 7000/8000 has better blacks and more accurate colors (perhaps as a result of the processing on the color accuracy) than the other two models? If I am wrong please set me straight as I'm researching and contemplating a purchase next year...trying to get back up to speed on this stuff in detail.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobrew /forum/post/19633270

If you don't care about 3D, you might want to look in to the PNxxC6500 series. You get all the bennefits of the C8000 (except for the real black filter and the 3D) at a lower price.

Only the c550, c590, c7000 and c8000 come in 63". I assume he is looking for 60+ based on the tv's he listed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have to tell you when I first got the 63C590 I was a bit dissappointed especially coming from a Pioneer Elite. kept tweaking the settings all week long and nothing was making me go wow. So I called my contact at the local HT Shop where I have been buying all my HT gear for years and explained that this is nowhere near the quality of my Pioneer and I was thinking of returning it.

He said wait until it's at least a week old then tweak away and so I did and guess what?

This set is fantastic! and I am absolutely amzed at the quality and definition its capable of doing. I can't believe how this set can change only a week later and now I'm anxious to hit my 100hours so I can get this ISF'd as I have done with all my tv's.

So to all who are on the fence, Jump! and to those who have it Cheers!

p.s It would be nice to get an official PNXXC590 thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts