AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
client of mine closed up his house for 7 mos and went back to the states ( we are in the carribean ) . came back and turned on the TV and no image at all. set powers up, red light flahes when remote is activated etc etc but no video at all. can't pull up menus or any internal video either. now... there are no service centers or repair people here to fix this so i am locked into doing it ( or at least trying) and i need a trained samsung technician to walk me thru the diagnostics . i can run a meter and change out boards as well as anyone so as a pair of hands i am capable of doing the work. what i am not capable of is doing the diagnostics. looking for someone to correspond with by e mail to help me. will pay for your time and efforts. someone that knows the specifics of this piece, please. contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
988 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not a trained Samsung tech. I've not been trained by anyone. I've just repaired a lot of TVs (50 so far) and have a lot of experience.

The first thing you need to do is take the cover off and post pictures. This is because no-one here has probably got this chassis in front of them, and so we can highlight places to look and test.

A fairly common issue on this set is a main board failure, followed by Y-main/X-main boards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669  /t/1468202/samsung-pn63c7000-no-image#post_23204894

Disclaimer: I'm not a trained Samsung tech. I've not been trained by anyone. I've just repaired a lot of TVs (50 so far) and have a lot of experience.

The first thing you need to do is take the cover off and post pictures. This is because no-one here has probably got this chassis in front of them, and so we can highlight places to look and test.

A fairly common issue on this set is a main board failure, followed by Y-main/X-main boards.

understood and that would be the plan. i don't have the set in front of me as we speak.. that will be a few days before i can hump it down from the hillside villa where it lives. i have just ordered the workshop manual from samsung so maybe by the first of the week next week ill be ready to go. will shoot and post pics as a matter of course and thx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts