AVS Forum banner

561 - 572 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 51 inch and just had the main power board repaired (no power light at all). It had a blown fuse and some cracked solder joints. I've put in the new board and the power light comes, but there are four clicks followed by the 5 double flash error code (5 double flashes with a 4 second pause afterward). Is that a sign that the power board error might have damaged the Y-board?

EDIT: I might also be the main board. If someone can walk me through the process, I can see if I can identify the culprit. I don't a multimeter but can order one. I thought you could also do by powering on the tv disconnecting the boards one by one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
Had the same issue.
3 years ago the video started to disappear. Only sound remained. Then the tv would turn off and wouldn’t turn on for hours-days. I put in my garage.
a week ago I decided to fix the TV as I really loved it. I found this thread. Ordered 10 caps from Amazon. Soldered them in. The TV started to turn on. But it was constantly rebooting after 1-2 minutes. It would freeeze and not respond. Eventually rebooting. I ordered the caps from Mauser and also found a power board on ebay. I removed the old caps and soldered in the new ones. Also, I switched the power board. I thought the issue is fixed but no. Now the TV freezes and reboots every 5-8 minutes. Please help. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, that's cool! If you've already replaced I doubt they're bad. Could be main board then.
BOOM!! On it's 4th life!! :D:D:D Turns out it was not the main board where I was a bit deflated. Told my wife I wanted to take one last crack at it as I found a power board for ~$64 and voila. Man, it is hard to think of a future without this type of picture :)
IMG_1567.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 51 inch and just had the main power board repaired (no power light at all). It had a blown fuse and some cracked solder joints. I've put in the new board and the power light comes, but there are four clicks followed by the 5 double flash error code (5 double flashes with a 4 second pause afterward). Is that a sign that the power board error might have damaged the Y-board?

EDIT: I might also be the main board. If someone can walk me through the process, I can see if I can identify the culprit. I don't a multimeter but can order one. I thought you could also do by powering on the tv disconnecting the boards one by one.
Does this board have the same capacitors as described as the original culprit earlier in this thread? I have to believe the same boards are used regardless of the screen size. That would be your next step now that you have power again. If these capacitors are not there, I am stumped. GL!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy good Y board? Thanks
Those are the hardest to come by and could be on ebay for triple the price. If you feel you properly installed the caps, try looking back in the thread on adjusting the voltages as described and according to your particular set. You will need a multimeter. GL!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does this board have the same capacitors as described as the original culprit earlier in this thread? I have to believe the same boards are used regardless of the screen size. That would be your next step now that you have power again. If these capacitors are not there, I am stumped. GL!
Based on my research, the 51-inch has a different capacitor assembly that is not prone to the same type of failure.

·
Registered
450 Posts
A 'new' situation with my PN64F8500 - twice in 2 weeks I've lost the display with 'NO LED' nothing, It's on an HDMI from an AVR so I've no idea if audio disappeared also. 1st time I've no idea what I did but this evening I removed power cord for 30 seconds or so with no change. Did it again for several minutes and picture returned without ever using a remote or the toggle for an off/on, the LED did flicker but was never steady. I seem to recall several weeks ago that maybe the 'joy stick' on the set didn't do a manual off. I often just listen through the AVR without powering on the display.

Anyone ever had a similar experience?

I believe I'm going to go back to an early post and maybe try a reset for the he!! of it.

**Post #1 in this thread mentioned an 'oddity' also but I'd say mine was very different. I've done the capacitors only with no other issues.

*** reviewing the thread (post #556) it looks as though it's time for maybe a 'main board'.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Anyone with a PN64F8500 that's maybe ready to part it out? I'm interested in maybe a 'main board' - see images in post #556.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My PN60F8500 plasma won't stay on. The TV just cycles on and off. The front red LED just flickers at the same rate when the TV is on or off. Is this more likely a power supply board or the Y-SUS board. I haven't taken it apart yet, but reading the posts the 60 inch doesn't have the 3 capacitors like the 64 does. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe it does have three capacitors. All of these f8500 do as far as I know. I would try switching those. It didnt help me much as my tv still keeps turning off. But thats a start for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe it does have three capacitors. All of these f8500 do as far as I know. I would try switching those. It didnt help me much as my tv still keeps turning off. But thats a start for you.
I replaced the 3 capacitors and it worked for a while. Then after a year or so it won't turn on and the bottom red light in the left corner just blinks ( twice - continuosly ) and I hear a clicking...could this be the PSU?

561 - 572 of 572 Posts