AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start a new thread about these tvs because the other thread that mentions them is just titled :"2009 samsung new models" and I think we should have a thread just for these panels:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1103591

So what do we know so far?

1-this model got 2009 CES Best of Innovations Award.

2-The only information so far is located in a Canadian add in Marketnews Magazine

3-from what I gather, this "ultra slim panel" is probably the "19.9mm pdp module"mentioned in this Samsung presentation:

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Super thin + CMS + finally decent black level would = very good.

Come on Sammy, your plasmas can't be two years behind your LCD's in blacks anymore.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I read that pdf from another thread that discusses Samsungs plans and belief in plasma technology. As shown here, these plans are suppose to reach maturity in the 2010 units.

This all sounds very promising and if any body has the R&D money to do this right now it's Samsung.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does anyone know if the new PN50B550T2F will include a full CMS, as the PN50A550 did. I was able to get a manual for the PN50B550T2F before they were yanked offline, and (PN50B550T2F) 52 pages total compared to (PN50A550) 107 pages total, so some of the content may be missing from the PN50B550T2F manual. Interestingly, under the detailed settings of the picture control, specifically the color space menu for the PN50B550T2F shows only a native and auto option, and not a custom option as the PN50A550 had. One of my main attractions to the PN50A550 was that it allowed adjustment of RGBCYM from within the user menu under the custom option of the color space menu. If the new PN50B550T2F does not have this option, I will definitely be picking up a PN50A550 before they are dropped from stores. Does anyone know anything about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts