AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Not very many owners, but their should be a number of businesses that use these displays. I believe the Panasonic's and Pioneer's are more predominant within home installations.

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/14191070

Not very many owners, but their should be a number of businesses that use these displays. I believe the Panasonic's and Pioneer's are more predominant within home installations.

Chris

I feel so lonely...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, just in case anyone buys a commercial plasma from Samsung here's an interesting note:

I bought mine at CDWs bstock site for under $1k (including shipping). I called our account rep and asked why it was returned. He told me that the previous buyer had a "color issue" with the display but they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

When it arrived I connected it with a dvi/hdmi cable to my onkyo 604. Here's where the fun begins: Every hour it would turn green. Hitting any function on the display's remote brought the picture back to normal. I was getting an earful from my wife - "Great idea to buy open box...I can't believe you bought a broken tv...cheapskate...you better get our $$$ back..."

This happened 3x before I figured out what the "color issue" was. This magnificent plasma display has many screensaver options. One of these screensavers inverts the RGB signal to GBR - this was defaulted to come on once an hour and stay on for 30 minutes unless you intervene by pressing any function on the display or its remote.

I sure wish Samsung made this clear in the manual somewhere. Maybe the previous owner turned it on and didnt realize what he did. Long story short - i went into the screensaver menu and turned it off. It is has been running flawlessly ever since.

Great contrast levels, accurate colors and deep blacks - this is why i have chosen plasmas over the past few years. If you already have some sort of set top box and a surround sound system I would highly recommend this display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts