AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean /forum/post/0

Looking at Crutchfield's web site, I get the impression that the 88 is above the 87 in the model line but it is selling for $400 less. Am I mistaken about the model line or is Crutchfield just running a good deal?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P9XyHwd...ems=305HLS5679

G

I talked with a friend today who does HT installs and we actually discussed this very thing. He said that quite often sites will sell the newer model (88) cheaper than the old because they have a surplus of them in stock and need to move them out ASAP to make room for more inventory. This may be the issue with Crutchfield in this case, although he said it tends to happen more in the summer when there are fewer shipping issues ie. weather. As far as the differences between the two the 88 definately has the upper hand with more features, but fundamentally they should perform the same.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 88 is actually out of stock right now so it is not an overstock item. I was shocked. This price is extremely good even for the 87 model. And Crutchfield never has the best prices. The PIP is something rare in RPTV-land.

G

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean /forum/post/0

The 88 is actually out of stock right now so it is not an overstock item. I was shocked. This price is extremely good even for the 87 model. And Crutchfield never has the best prices. The PIP is something rare in RPTV-land.

G

Maybe they ordered a boatload of them and are planning on trying to move them quick? Or could just be a promo to get more web ordering business. Either way sounds like a good deal if they are competing well with other E-tail sites. Yeah the native Pip is nice. I've been doing it on my Panasonic RPTV through my cable box and it sucks because the pip window winds up being about as big as a postage stamp heh..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.