AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a one month old Samsung 78" curved Smart TV (UN78JU7500FXZA)

I have a blue box that is appearing all over the place suddenly and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I have cycled the power several times but no dice! It appears on most sources and even on the black screen in between while switching.

Samsung is the worst when it comes to customer service (as many of you know) and they are simply inept at troubleshooting this.

Here are some pics. Can anyone offer advice? Please????

Attachments

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
I have a one month old Samsung 78" curved Smart TV (UN78JU7500FXZA)

I have a blue box that is appearing all over the place suddenly and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I have cycled the power several times but no dice! It appears on most sources and even on the black screen in between while switching.

Samsung is the worst when it comes to customer service (as many of you know) and they are simply inept at troubleshooting this.

Here are some pics. Can anyone offer advice? Please????
Call them and demand a service tech to visit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call them and demand a service tech to visit.
Really? They refused to even put me on with a supervisor when I asked for one.
"Too busy, they will call you back within 48 hours"
So I am supposed to skip work for two days and sit by my TV until they call me back.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Really? They refused to even put me on with a supervisor when I asked for one.
"Too busy, they will call you back within 48 hours"
So I am supposed to skip work for two days and sit by my TV until they call me back.
Hang up, call right back and you will get a different person. Demand the same thing. Eventually someone will address the issue. Tell them the tv won't even power up. They send out a tech, and they will see that issue. What about calling the place you bought it from? If you bought it from Best Buy, you likely have a 45 day return period. Check your receipt.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to Best Buy in an hour. Maybe I can raise some Hell there.
I was hoping that this was just a common issue and maybe a setting needed to be changed :-(

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
I'm going to Best Buy in an hour. Maybe I can raise some Hell there.
I was hoping that this was just a common issue and maybe a setting needed to be changed :-(
You won't have to raise hell at BB. If your receipt shows 45 day return on it, they will not even argue. They will schedule a pick up time and replace with a new one.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Wow, that is a weird issue. It's like some time stamp or volume bar just not going away.

Hopefully you get this issue taken of without too much more hassle as in Best Buy will just replace it without any drama.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went to Best Buy and they looked at the pics and said "oh yeah...you got a bad one".
They agreed to replace it for free or let me upgrade to something else.
They are coming to get it on Thursday.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Awesome! Hopefully the replacement won't have any issues or other quirky behaviour...
Maybe double check and make sure closed captioning is turned off, both on the set and on the cable/sat box if any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts