AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am having a second panel put in for the same problem as the original. First I had a two dark ovals that you could only see when theere was a dark scene in a very dark room. The replacement for that had the same problem but with three vertical bars that appeared faint as faint green bars on a white screen then became very dark bars on a black screen best seen when the room is completely black. My 30 day return window is almost up. I am scheduled for another panel replacement, but I may say screw it and take it back and get the panny TCP58S1 or sammy lcd LN55B650/640

·
Banned
215 Posts
I think mass production is playing a huge role in a lot of manufactor defects. Now days it seems every manufactor is producing sets a dime a dozen, as a result of wanting a quick buck and caring less about the consumer.

Panasonic was once upon a time my favorite electronics company because of there track record with reliability. But it seems they can't produce enough plasmas for the masses and quality is starting to slip. Hopefully when everyone has a flat panel in their home they will return to their prior status.

Anyway, I agree to return your samsung and keep trying until you finally get a set that meets your satisfaction.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just went through hell with Samsung on a 5084 set.

A power supply, 2 board replacements, 2 attempts at voltage adjustments, and finally 2 panel replacements later, they finally decided to throw in the towel on this thing and give me some of my money back.

I'd return that thing if I were you, and move on.

The question is, without going LCD, what the heck are our options? Seems as if every maker or plasmas are having problems.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Then it comes down to: is the problem more irritating than the 10% restock fee. I hate losing money as much as the next guy, but on the other hand I don't want a TV that I can't feel proud of because of a Manufactor defect.

Only you can decide?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 /forum/post/18128055

I just went through hell with Samsung on a 5084 set.

A power supply, 2 board replacements, 2 attempts at voltage adjustments, and finally 2 panel replacements later, they finally decided to throw in the towel on this thing and give me some of my money back.

I'd return that thing if I were you, and move on.

The question is, without going LCD, what the heck are our options? Seems as if every maker or plasmas are having problems.

I am thinking since plasmas are on the way out, they may not care so much and are focusing more resources on led/lcd.

PS, what was the problem with your tv.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan /forum/post/18128279

I am thinking since plasmas are on the way out, they may not care so much and are focusing more resources on led/lcd.

PS, what was the problem with your tv.

The problem originally was the dancing green pixel issue common on my model.

After that, it was constant horrendous picture quality that was nowhere near 50% of the original panel.

With that said, IMHO, plasma still offers t my eyes the best p/q out of all the technologies.

Also, I enjoy gaming online, and lag is an issue for me, and plasmas are night and day ahead in terms of less lag than comparably sized plasmas from my research.

·
Premium Member
18,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan /forum/post/18128279

Plasmas are not on the way out. Samsung simply has poor quality control and poor build quality. They have a lot more issues on the LCD and LED TVs than they do on their plasmas.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18128844

Plasmas are not on the way out. Samsung simply has poor quality control and poor build quality. They have a lot more issues on the LCD and LED TVs than they do on their plasmas.

I'd like to believe that, but what infor are you basing that on?

·
Banned
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 /forum/post/18129115

I'd like to believe that, but what infor are you basing that on?

Samsung has had a widely known cap issues in many of there LCD sets that seem to pop up shortly after the one year waranty is up. Just do a google search on Samsung Capacitor TV issue.

·
Premium Member
18,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 /forum/post/18129115

I'd like to believe that, but what info are you basing that on?

The lack of evidence. As far as i know, neither Panasonic or Samsung or LG have said that they're getting out of the Plasma business.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panaman88 /forum/post/18128025

I think mass production is playing a huge role in a lot of manufactor defects. Now days it seems every manufactor is producing sets a dime a dozen, as a result of wanting a quick buck and caring less about the consumer.

Panasonic was once upon a time my favorite electronics company because of there track record with reliability. But it seems they can't produce enough plasmas for the masses and quality is starting to slip. Hopefully when everyone has a flat panel in their home they will return to their prior status.

Anyway, I agree to return your samsung and keep trying until you finally get a set that meets your satisfaction.

I agree. I also think with the bad economy and mass layoffs, QC has probably taken a hit everywhere and not likely to improve anytime soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.