AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having my LCD's bezel replaced under warranty by Samsung. The only one home at the time was the baby sitter who was watching our 1 year old twin boys. When I got home and turned on the TV I notice the inside of the screen was cracked on the top right hand side

I quickly question the baby sitter on it and she told me the repair guy was the only person near the TV (and I believe her). She told me she heard a few swear words by the repair guy and once done he just got up and left without saying much but only the TV was all set.

I filled a claim with Samsung and I'm now waiting for a reply back.

Could anyone throw at me what might the outcome of this be? Will Samsung eat the cost of this repair or will I have to make a trip to small claims court?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 /forum/post/17037513

I was having my LCD's bezel replaced under warranty by Samsung. The only one home at the time was the baby sitter who was watching our 1 year old twin boys. When I got home and turned on the TV I notice the inside of the screen was cracked on the top right hand side

I quickly question the baby sitter on it and she told me the repair guy was the only person near the TV (and I believe her). She told me she heard a few swear words by the repair guy and once done he just got up and left without saying much but only the TV was all set.

Could anyone throw at me what might the outcome of this be? Will Samsung eat the cost of this repair or will I have to make a trip to small claims court?

If the guy managed to leave and the damage was not noticed right there on the spot in front of him, who is to prove he did the damage? The only way to claim something from Samsung would be if he agrees that he did the damage... but he already left without saying anything, didn't he....

I think you should put reasonable amount of pressure on Samsung and make someone talk to that guy... his manager if possible, because only then his credibility will be under scrutiny and he may admit the whole thing...

Good luck and let us know the outcome,

Boky

·
Registered
165 Posts
it is possible with his repair for him to have caused this and damage not to appear till latter. Without pictures it's hard to say. Call samsung and tell them what happened, call the manager of the repair shop (they have insurance).

·
Registered
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 /forum/post/17037513

Good luck to you, Samsung is a difficult company to deal with. I hope they do the right thing for once and give you a new TV but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You need to document everything and send an e-mail with pics to Consumerist.com

If they feature your tale of woe prepare to be amazed at the sudden burst of customer service you will receive.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You know I don't hesitate to go through BBB or other sources etc but seriously give the company a chance to fix this before you start thinking about litigation.

I would call Samsung and just ask to get to a manager. A claim filed online is obviously one way to go (which you did), but it is not a personal approach. If the repair guy came there and the TV was cracked then he should have noted it and refused to repair the TV. The fact that he didn't puts the blame on him even if the crack was there prior to him arriving........ (I assume he didn't)

Give Samsung a shoot at taking proper action -- now the other part to this is - did the babysitter sign anything saying everything was fine? Personally I would not let another repair man in the house if I wasn't home. I hardly let the wife sign for packages that I order......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I call them everyday and the reply is, wating for a manager to review the case and call me

And no I or the baby sitter didn't signed anything at the end of the repair.

I will keep you updated.

I miss my TV.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Thanks just curious. You see a lot of threads here that are started but never "finished". It is bad that they haven't called you back by now. That is just real crappy service....

Good thing you didn't sign anything

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a call on Friday from a "Cliff", sounded like a nice guy who request picture of the front and back of the TV which I just sent out.

The last thing that came out he mouth was lets see what we can do for you. (which don't sound that bad)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
No that doesn't sound to bad. He isn't saying - no way our guy did this but obviously he can't say yeah we will fix it before he sees the pictures.

He probably want's the pictures to confirm that it is possible that the damage was caused by their guy. Like if there is a dent in the back and they changed the front screen he would go - not our problem.... (realize that isn't what the issue is).

As I said above they kind of assume liability when they start working on it without stating that things are already broken...... (which they weren't)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW
just got off the phone with Samsung and it looks like they approved the repair.

Only problem is the repair has to be done by the same company that broke it the first time

Anyways I'm a happy camper, Ive been almost a month without my TV.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Good stuff

Yeah pretty normal to expect the first company to be the ones to fix it. That means that company is doing the fix for free - Samsung might send the free screen.......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What dicks at samsung. After they said the'll repair my TV now they're offering me a exchange offer, my broken LN52A750 for a new LN52B750 plus a $1000.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 /forum/post/17427548

What dicks at samsung. After they said the'll repair my TV now they're offering me a exchange offer, my broken LN52A750 for a new LN52B750 plus a $1000.

link #6 try what quickbeam said to do.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 /forum/post/17427548

Dude, that's about 3K for an old A750, take the offer and run.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What a joke, I love it when a company trys to fix something that is faulty, only to break more things, and then charge the customer a $1000 to fix their tech's mistake. I feel for you. I had this recently, but with a car, not a TV. I always try to be around when getting any sort of service or installation just because of this situation, which seems to happen all the time.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
what? they're making you PAY for something they broke? i would file a claim with the BBB, i've had very good luck with them helping me out in the past. also, when you call samsung, keep asking for a manager/supervisor. you should get a level or two up, then they will tell you you cant talk to anyone higher. at this point, ask if this persons immediate supervisor can call you back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts