AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP-R4272 with a broken Glass-Filter EMI (BN67-00154A) I have looked all over for replacement and samsung said no longer available

The Picture is fine and I think this glass is just a protection glass the question is if I can't find that glass can I replace with standard glass?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive seen plasmas that work with the type of active lcd-shutter glasses that use polarization. I sadly do not remember if all plasmas have/need a polarization layer in front of it, but if it does, it means that if you remove the glass sheet or layer that does the polarization the screen will appear white/gray even tho it is not.

With lcd screens, some people actually remove the polarization layer and put them in sunglasses so the person wearing the glasses is the only one seeing the picture.

So the question is a) does the tv need polarization and b) is the polarization layer in the glass you speak of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.