AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I was first leaning to calibrate displays with a colorimeter and software such as ColorHCFR, I came across a website that had a program that could change all of the WB and color settings of a Samsung TV though the RS-232 port. It was basically a simple dialog box that had a bunch of sliders for each of the gains, offsets, etc. At the time that I saw this program, I just passed it by since my TV didn't have a serial port. Now, I realized that the EX-Link port on Samsung TV's are actually RS-232 ports, and I could use this software. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found it and my searching over the last few days has turned up nothing. Does anyone know of the program that I'm referring to? If you do, can you please post a link?

Thank you!

·
Banned
3,587 Posts
If it is something that came from Samsung it might be safe to use. If it came from somebody mucking around... they could easily have missed something important... especially if the software addresses service menu controls rather than user menu controls. And if the software is addressing user menu controls, it really has no advantages over using the TV's remote control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.