41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Netflix shows in HDR is very dark on this tv

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Have a Samsung 43" RU7100. Just used the calibration settings at RTINGS......my tv has both 2.2 and BT1886 gamma. Which is the one to use?

Thanks

Just got this tv

Those rtings settings the only calibration settings posted on here for the 7100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
how do i get the colors from being over brightened, reds light blues yellows oranges look really bright.

·
Registered
488 Posts
how do i get the colors from being over brightened, reds light blues yellows oranges look really bright.

Maybe attenuating the backlight and/or white levels (brightness).

To meet HDR criteria, the manufacturer may have pre-set the backlight to an artificially high level.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
When watching 4K picture looks great. But watching regular HD it’s not at crisp as my previous Samsung led HD tv.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Colors are bright and over exposed

·
Registered
488 Posts
When watching 4K picture looks great. But watching regular HD it’s not at crisp as my previous Samsung led HD tv.

What do you have the "sharpness" set at?

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
im using the Dynamic mode
sharpness is at 12 which is what tv automatically has it set to
ive dropped contrast down to 35 from 50 and color down to 23 from 30

I also went in the service menu and changed the following

pw max to 100
pwm in 2d to 100
pwm movie to 100
pwm mid 100
and pwm min to 0

this takes the auto dimming out, has helped a lot with the very over saturated colors and the auto dimming

·
Registered
488 Posts
im using the Dynamic mode
sharpness is at 12 which is what tv automatically has it set to
ive dropped contrast down to 35 from 50 and color down to 23 from 30

I also went in the service menu and changed the following

pw max to 100
pwm in 2d to 100
pwm movie to 100
pwm mid 100
and pwm min to 0

this takes the auto dimming out, has helped a lot with the very over saturated colors and the auto dimming

"Dynamic" mode could be raising artificially the white and backlight levels, and attentuating the black levels (aka "picture" or "contrast") may exacerbate the effective "brightness". You may be better off reverting to "Standard" mode, and re-configuring from there.

And you should be able to disable the "auto dimming" feature with one (or more) of the "Eco Solution" settings.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a picture problem on my new RU7100 TV. I bought the TV about a week or so before Christmas at Best Buy when my 6 year old Sharp bit the dust. I did not buy an extended warranty.

Anyway, the TV screen sometimes gets "splotchey" (right word?) areas. These areas are in different locations, are different sizes, generally appear in darker scenes and areas. It doesn't appear in every show, so I am not sure if it is something wrong with the TV screen or something else. I watch only Direct TV programming. I do watch blue ray DVD's occasionally, but don't recall if it had these splotches/blotches or not. Someone suggested trying new cables (hdmi). I have not changed new cables, yet.

I took a couple of pictures to post on here, but have not been able to do so. If someone can tell me how, I will try it.

When I first got the TV, I did originally try a couple of different settings, but eventually went back to default with one or two minor changes. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. The picture mode I am using is "natural". I'm not sure if I am describing it (splotches or blotches) correctly (I've tried Google searches).

Any one have suggestions I could try before I call Samsung?
Thx.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2694494&stc=1&d=1583544665

Somehow I finally was able to attach a picture, but it is sideways. What I am trying to show is that dark splotch (pretty big splotch in the corner).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Have tv perfect now, no more color saturation and picture is great,
got the service menu PWM settings as follows

pw max 100
pwm ini 2d 100
pwm movie ini 100
pwm mid 5
pwm min 0

Expert settings Dynamic mode
back light 50
brightness -1
contrast 50
sharpness 12
color 22
tint 0
digital clean view Auto
auto motion plus Custom - judder reduction 3- led clear off
contrast enhancer high
color tone cool

Eco Solution
ambient light detection on
minimum back light 20
power saving off
motion lighting on

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have tv perfect now, no more color saturation and picture is great,
got the service menu PWM settings as follows

pw max 100
pwm ini 2d 100
pwm movie ini 100
pwm mid 5
pwm min 0

Expert settings Dynamic mode
back light 50
brightness -1
contrast 50
sharpness 12
color 22
tint 0
digital clean view Auto
auto motion plus Custom - judder reduction 3- led clear off
contrast enhancer high
color tone cool

Eco Solution
ambient light detection on
minimum back light 20
power saving off
motion lighting on
Looks good - except for the "motion lighting" feature. It is a form of auto dimming that attenuates the backlight during fast-moving scenes. It's also a feature that Samsung has used to meet (? cheat) energy-efficiency standards:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2988222/samsung-denies-its-tvs-game-power-consumption-tests.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...-volkswagen-comparisons-over-tv-energy-tests/

Also: you may find more info regarding the PWM settings here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-global-dimming-game-mode-fix.2170862/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have had my RU7100 for about a month now. However, while testing some game consoles hooked up to the unit, I started to notice some strange artifacts that appear similar to screen tearing, but somewhat different.

The specifics:

- The "tearing" is best described as a "region of lag" that is a few frames behind the rest of the image. The image within the region exhibits some discoloration.

- Unlike typical screen tearing, the artifact is not perfectly straight and rectangular across the whole display; it instead follows an irregular pattern that always appears in the same region at the top of the TV. I threw together an example, along with the artifact captured during gameplay, both attached below.

- The screen tearing only seems to affect component video sources, in this case, my original Xbox and my Wii. Both use their respective OEM component cables, securely fastened to the TV.

- The tearing only occurs when the consoles output 480p. Setting them to output interlaced 480i removes the tearing, though this is not ideal as input lag is introduced and image quality takes a hit.

- The effect is not always present. It typically appears for less than a second a few times per minute though it can occasionally last for much longer.

- Game Mode is set to ON on the TV.

I'm not sure if this is a usual flaw of modern televisions. I'm hoping to find out what causes this and if it can be easily fixed, so I thought I'd hop on the forums to hopefully get some input from experts on this TV. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quick question for anyone who uses this TV as a PC monitor:

If you notice, when hooked to a PC via HDMI, many Picture Settings are grayed out. Similarly, I need to change the Input's label to PC. This isn't a huge deal, but since I have my PC connected to an HDMI hub, I'll have to do some unplugging/replugging in to re-initiate the HDMI handshake. And then, when going to another device on the hub, I have to edit the Input's label back to "Game Console" so that I can edit Picture Settings again.

Again, this isn't the most annoying thing, but is there a way to automate this so that the TV can detect "Oh, this is a PC signal, I'll use these settings" or "Oh, this isn't a PC anymore, I'll use these settings" ?

Would mostly be helpful because I'm not the only one in the house that might want to use the PC on the TV, and I'm the only one who can really figure this stuff out. Thanks!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Quick question for anyone who uses this TV as a PC monitor:

If you notice, when hooked to a PC via HDMI, many Picture Settings are grayed out. Similarly, I need to change the Input's label to PC. This isn't a huge deal, but since I have my PC connected to an HDMI hub, I'll have to do some unplugging/replugging in to re-initiate the HDMI handshake. And then, when going to another device on the hub, I have to edit the Input's label back to "Game Console" so that I can edit Picture Settings again.

Again, this isn't the most annoying thing, but is there a way to automate this so that the TV can detect "Oh, this is a PC signal, I'll use these settings" or "Oh, this isn't a PC anymore, I'll use these settings" ?

Would mostly be helpful because I'm not the only one in the house that might want to use the PC on the TV, and I'm the only one who can really figure this stuff out. Thanks!

I don't know.

But you may be better off trying to disable or override any automatic detection and say: "Oh, this is my TV (not Samsung's), I'll use my own settings, regardless of input label/device".

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know.

But you may be better off trying to disable or override any automatic detection and say: "Oh, this is my TV (not Samsung's), I'll use my own settings, regardless of input label/device".
That would be super helpful, though admittedly I've never been able to find the option to disable the autodetection. I can hit Exit on the remote to cancel it but have never been able to figure out how to bipass it completely. Will have to dedicate some time to looking at the menu a bit more to see if I can disable it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the difference between Digital Clean Auto and low? also does it work on blu ray/dvd or only through cable TV (Turner/Cable input)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the difference between Digital Clean Auto and low? also does it work on blu ray/dvd or only through cable TV?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts